34 | combaciamento

Myra

Roman Dangelo, that was boy's name. Before I could say anything to him, the cab took off as the driver was a little too irritated and he couldn't stand in the middle of the road for another second.

I was in a moment of shock and I stayed frozen as memories of my childhood crawled back into me. That was my little brother. There were only a few instances my parents allowed me to see him as they believed I was cursed or something along those lines. My parents despised me and they hated me to the core where they literally sold me off to the Alpha so he could train me into being a killing machine.

I should've known.

Those blue and green eyes, they resembled the child I had once seen in my mother's arm. I played with him a few times in the field that was outside my parent's house.

Yet, I failed to recognize him.

As the cab drove away, I looked back, again and again, wanting to know more about my brother. I was too lost in thinking about Bane and everything else that I couldn't see that my little brother was literally standing in front of me.

I pressed my hands against my cheeks and cried silently as I taken away from the mountains and where my brother lived. But it comforted me knowing that my brother was nothing like me—he was so much better, he saved me without even knowing that I was his sister, he was so gentle and compassionate about everything—he was everything my parents wanted.

A sigh of relief slipped off my lips and I leaned against the soft head of the car seat. I knew now where Roman lived, it wouldn't be difficult to see him again.

Until then, I needed to deal with Bane and his over-obsessive addiction with me.

•••

I shot up from my sleep as the cab driver knocked his hand over my head, "We are here and I'm trying to wake you since hours. Can you leave?" He asked, twisting his neck to see me.

I stifled back the groan and found the packhouse standing in front of me. I had slept while thinking about my family and I didn't even know when we reached Ampleforth.

That was quick.

Fixing up myself, I stepped out of the cab and then the driver called me again. "Hello? The fare, princess?"

"Can you wait a second?" I asked him, sounding irritated.

Once he nodded his head, I walked to the guard standing outside the pack house and said, "Pay my fare,"

"Excuse me?"

"What? Bane wanted me to come here and it wasn't going to be free so please, pay up the cab driver before he loses his mind." I explained to the guard and a second after that, he went to the cab to do whatever I asked him to do.

As soon as the coast was clear, I stepped inside the open gates and walked towards the entrance of the packhouse. My hearing senses heightened as I heard a few giggles and laughters—all belonging to those peasants. I shook the sleep off my shoulders and pushed the large door open.

This was going to be a hectic night.

My back muscles ached with the pressure but it wasn't anything that I couldn't bear. The anger against Roger and everyone else here was calmed down. My eyes raked over the place, looking for Bane.

I stood by the doorway and growled, inviting all the male wolves to step out and fight with me. I was in a bad mood but not angry—just bad.

A new pulse took place in between my thighs as Bane appeared in front of me, "I didn't expect you to come here so quickly. Cindy must definitely mean something to you," He said, teasing me with his words.

"You'd know if you had a friend," I murmured, stepping inside the house and looking into the sleek, modern rooms to find where she was. Unfortunately, I couldn't find her. "Where is she?"

"She's perfectly fine with the males upstairs—actually, she's enjoying herself." Bane said, cocking his head to the stairs.

One of the giggles belonged to Cindy and I recognized it. All along, I thought Bane kidnapped her or something and was maybe torturing her to avenge my lies that I had been saying for the past few weeks.

"Come with me," His rough voice crawled back to my ears as he headed towards the meeting room.

I stayed frozen on my stop, not wanting to move or be alone with Bane. The fear was strong. He knew I was his mate now and he was going to do everything to place his mark on my body. Being alone with him would lead to only one thing and that was sex—then, the marking.

"I promise, I won't bite." He assured me and only then I followed him to the meeting room.

Bane flung himself over the plush, brown couch and flopped his leg over the other one while smiling at me. He was being polite but I knew that it was all an act to drag me to the bed. I walked inside the same room where a lot of things went down. We were alone here and there was no one outside—not even the guards. I closed the door and my heartbeat raced.

"I would've fucked you by now if you hadn't ran away," Bane said while pouring himself a glass of wine—or whatever drink it was.

I folded my hands across my chest and said, "I thought you didn't want a rogue as a mate."

"I never said that,"

"Lie to yourself. We both know that you said that, right in this room," I reminded him.

"Fine but I don't care,"

"I don't want you," I said and he snapped all his attention at me.

"You don't have a choice," he stood up from the couch and continued, "We are paired together. I will fuck you, then mark you and then force you to be mine. If you show any struggle, I will kill Cindy."

"Oh, so you're threatening me now? I think the term you're looking for all that is forced—and, Mr. Bane, you can't force anyone to mate with you. And, if you have forgotten that if you force yourself upon me while mating, I will die and you will live a long, lonely life without your wolf that died with me as well." I stopped in front of him and explained.

He caught me by my wrist and held me back as I was about to move away, "Don't be so hard, Myra. I can forgive you for fucking Cedric in my house and I will avoid killing you. You know you want me just as much as I want you," His eyes blazed with anger.

That was quick.

"You know what—" I paused for a second, and reevaluated what I was going to do. "—you're right, I do want you."

He flashed in front of me and crashed his lips against mine. Desire and heat shot through my body and I gave in into his wicked, devouring kisses. A satisfied growl came out of my wolf as he grabbed my hair and delved his tongue into my mouth.

Bane couldn't mark me until I wanted it but he could always fuck me and right now, that was all that I needed.

His touch.

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr or the next chapter on Inkitt. 

The Alpha's DesireOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara