27 | ubriaca

Bane

"Ah, my favorite man. It has been a while now, Bane." Cherise said, swaying her hips and approaching me. Energy hummed through her as she threw her hands on the air to hug me. I quickly leaned in for a hug and then moved back. "What does the big man wants?" She asked.

"Nothing. Just here to clear my mind," I replied, looking around the bar that was fairly filled with humans getting drunk and enjoying themselves. It had been a while since I last drank alcohol in a bar–a very long time.

"Who dare to mess up with your mind?" She asked, welcoming me inside her bar. "Grab a seat. Whoever it is, I will make sure you'll forget it by the time you leave this place."

Cherise worked as a bartender in a bar that her husband owned. They both were wolves and members of my pack. The Wooden Inn was a small bar that I often visited when I was young. It was a place close to my heart and Cherise was a good old female friend. Her husband recently passed away due to chronic issues and at his funeral was the last time I met Cherise.

"No one, just like that."

"Now, now, I know one thing for sure. A big bad Alpha doesn't comes here for nothing. Tell me, Bane." She repeated, placing her hand over the counter and looking at me. I sat down in front of her but stayed silent.

After the feud with Myra, I was more than hurt, it wasn't her but it was her words, the truth in them that had hurt me. No one dared to speak to me in such a language that she spoke to me with. The numerous punishments and threats barely made a difference. She was arrogant and that was her personality. There was something I liked about her. Her confidence, her challenges and the way she handled herself.

"Ugh. It's nothing serious, just the usual." I replied.

"Well, what do you want to drink?"

"Dry Martini, stirred,"

"I'll get onto that then," she stepped away for a moment to make the drink.

In the meantime, I got a closure of the bar, it had been slightly changed since the last time I was here, that was almost a year ago. Just beside the bar there was a grill, visited usually by werewolves to pick up human females for the night. Werwolves couldn't breed humans and that was a known fact, therefore, they preferred fucking them over female wolves.

"Do you want a girl?" Cherise asked, placing the martini on the counter ahead of me. When she raised her head, she winked at me, "I know someone and she's a wolf,"

"No, Cherise, I'm here for relief of my mind not to take a girl who will eat my head for the rest of the night." I replied in a jokingly manner. She giggled at my response and nodded her head.

"You do you," While I took the first sip of the martini, she grabbed a chair and plopped beside me. "So, tell me, where have you been hiding all these months?"

"Busy with the usual," I said, "Pack meetings and all," Clarifying it a bit more so Cherise could understand. Female wolves of my pack were never involved in anything at all. They were kept separately, either with their parents or their mates and used only when required.

"I heard about your mate–what's all the chaos about?" She asked, slowly and hesitantly. I warned everyone in the packhouse to not disclose details about my mate to anyone but someone defiantly did.