60 | visione

Myra

It was early in the morning, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping and the cars were honking at each other. It was relaxing to live in the city. The air was a little polluted but still fresh to me.

I found myself wandering around unknown streets. There was a cafe to my left and a saloon to my right—both I've never seen before. As I walked further, I sniffed out a sweet and floral smell of the flower shop resting by the corner.

Daisies.

They were my favorite—just perfect in smell. I dragged in a few deep breaths and smiled before turning away from the daisies. It had been long since I last saw them.

"Would you like to get some of them? We just got them in," A woman walked outside of the floral shop and asked me. A wide smile spread across her face and her eyes shimmered with happiness.

What was happening?

"No. I was just looking at them. They are beautiful," I replied, running my finger through the white petal. They were soft upon touch and even though I wanted them, I couldn't get them. "Thank you,"

I gave the floral shop owner a smile before walking away, once again. Everything seemed perfect around me. The positivity inside me bloomed as my hair drifted along with the wind.

In a snap of a second, everything changed. Smog built up around me, blurring my vision and blocking my throat. My wide smile disappeared as I coughed. The laughters and cheering of children came to an abrupt stop. The rich scent of flowers vanished away. I turned around and found the floral shop just at the corner where it was. The woman was gone and so was everyone around there.

The flowers—the daises, they began turning into a stormy black and so did the other ones. The sun disappeared behind the dark, heavy clouds and it began raining. My heart skipped a beat when a thunder clashed in the sky, and a gasp forced it self out of me.

The clusters of shops around me were closed and the entire street turned void, and dark. It only meant one thing.

I woke up with my heart thumping in my chest. Beads of sweat collected around my forehead as I glanced around the room. I was back in Bane's bedroom and whatever happened was a dream.

"What happened?" Bane asked, looking away from the book he was reading. "Bad dream?"

I licked my lips and then shook my head as the realization struck me, "No, it wasn't a dream." I replied, getting the sheets off me.

"Then?"

"It was a vision, Bane." I whispered, lowly. "I saw a vision. The darkness—whatever it is, it flooded inside the city and everything turned gloomy."

A concern look spread across his face. He slammed the book shut and stood up, "Yeah, that's a bad dream."

"It's going to come for us. Why don't you understand that? It came for Hugh and he died." I snapped at him. I had grown comfortable with taking Hugh's name in front of Bane or before, I used to quiver with fear.

"Because he was weak—I'm not,"

"God, stop being so proud. Hugh was strong, he had an army of wolves that he had trained for over thirty years, yet, the darkness killed him and ruined his land." I shouted, my voice filled with worry.

Bane needed to stop acting like everything was under control because nothing was. Ampleforth was a city, with thousands of werewolves, if the darkness came here, it would kill everyone and anything, including me and Bane.