55 | casa

Myra

The ride back home—Ampleforth was steady and smooth. I slept halfway and woke up a few hours later by Bane who took my hand and pulled me out of the car when we reached the packhouse. It was early in the morning, the sun peeked through the thick clouds, promising a bright day ahead of us.

Everything was over. It was all settled. Everyone from the Blood Swamp pack were going to settle down in Ampleforth, under me, as their Alpha and so were my parents.

Over that, Hugh was dead.

I yawned and stretched before going inside, "I'm going to go take a shower," I whispered, stopping beside Bane. "You should sleep,"

"Yeah," he sighed, his eyes racing around the packhouse. We barely spoke about anything during the car ride as I was sleeping for the most of the time and Bane wasn't willing to spill anything about his parents or his past. "I've some work so I will see you later," My mouth dropped as his tongue slipped inside, awakening me entirely. I curled my fingers around his hair and gave into the kiss.

My lips twitched as I pulled away, "See you later," His hands skimmed away from my waist and I walked away.

The color drained off my face as I realized that I had a letter to read—from Hugh. I didn't want Bane to know about it as it had nothing to do with him. It was written to me. Whatever Hugh wanted to say to me after all these years was written in a piece of paper.

My eyes lowered down as I pulled out the letter from my pocket and sat beside the window to read it. I leaned back against the wall, my gaze scurrying around the letters.

By the time you receive this, I will be dead and I know that one for sure. This letter was written by one of my men—who will not cease to exist after this. My dear Myra, it was lovely to hear about you after years, for a very long time, I thought you were dead and it saddened me. I had my own reasons to train you till you were able to kill Alpha's. I know the trainings were harsh but it was necessary—everything was. You needed to be strong, stronger than others.

There is a darkness wanting to kill the pack hierarchy and destroy wolves that belong to packs, turning everyone into lone wolves. That's what they want. They want a new werewolf world order, they want to change everything, including the werewolf law, destroy the council that promises peace and ruin everything our elders have been building for centuries.

This certain darkness has existed for over years, no one knows about them, no one has seen them except for the one that is the descendants of the Sosipatros brother's. Your mate isn't innocent, he's aware of everything.

As the first female Alpha, you're a miracle and the darkness will come after you if you don't contain it. It will come after Bane as well and every other Alpha.

It needs to be destroyed. You were trained for taking down the darkness. My intentions were harmless, I wanted to protect my pack and ensure their safety but by now, everything is destroyed.

You need to start you trainings again. I've taught you everything, go through it, learn it again, be strong so when the darkness comes to take you, you can stop it.

— Hugh.

I felt every word of Hugh wrap around my head, invading my thoughts and emotions. I dropped the letter down and took a moment to catch my breath. I sat, unmoving, gathering my thoughts. Just when I thought everything was over, another problem rose, something worse than Hugh.

Something that was coming for all the Alpha's.

The darkness.

I stood up from my spot, placed my hands over my hips and walked back and forth, thinking about Hugh's word. He knew he was going to die, he knew that the darkness was going to take him someday. He knew it all. My mind kept pedaling through Hugh and Bane. I couldn't stop imaging the worse.

"Bane!" I said, knocking on his bedroom door that was locked. We needed to talk.

The door flung open and Bane invited me inside his room. "What is it?" He asked. Bane knew everything as well but he was hiding it from me, I could sense it through the trip we made to Ostbridge.

I stopped biting my lips and asked, "What do you know about the darkness?"

He stepped forward, his eyebrows raising in surprise, "What?"

"What do you know about the darkness?" I repeated, hoping he wouldn't lie but he did.

"Nothing,"

"Don't lie to me,"

Bane caught my arm, and came in closer, "You should go sleep, Myra."

"So that's it? You're going to lie to me? You know what happened at Ostbridge, you know what happened with all those wolves, don't you?" I asked, being blunt.

His grip on my elbow loosened and he tore his gaze away from mine, "I'm not going to argue with you," He replied, folding his sleeves and turning away.

I shifted, "Don't you dare look away from me. When I'm asking you something, why can't you just tell me? I want to know what happened in Ostbridge. What was the darkness that invaded and destroyed their lands completely? And, you know everything about it."

Then it came. Bane looped his veined hand around my throat and pushed me against the wall, his eyes turning into a furious shade of red as his anger poured out of him. I gasped, my heart racing with fear.

"When I don't want to talk about anything, I don't. Don't get on my bad side, Myra." He warned, his voice rough and male as he spoke to me. "Do you understand?"

I pushed his hand away, "Fuck you," I cursed, silencing him down for a seconds. Bane wasn't going to tell me anything but I had other ways to find out what he was hiding and what was his mysterious secret.

"You do not talk to me like that," His strong hands gripped my upper arms and he yanked me back to his vicious grip.

"Leave my hand,"

"No," Bane replied. Stubborn. "Apologize,"

I blinked, confused, "Fuck you. I'm not going to apologize," I fought against his hold but found my self backed up to the wall.

He hovered over me, his eyes shifting to brown as his anger lessened, "Just—behave, all right?"

"No, leave me." I stated, gritting my teeth. What was he even thinking? The sudden change in personality was understandable as he had learned some unusual stuff by the elders of the Blood Swamp pack but it didn't mean that he could be rude to me while I was simply asking him a question.

My neck snapped to the other side as Bane's breath blew across my cheeks. Too fucking close.His fingers danced above my skin that warmed upon his touch. I tried to squirm away but his hand stiffened and agony flooded into my arms.

He took in a few deep breath to calm his raging monster down, "Yes," He whispered, "Yes, I know about the darkness but I'm not going to tell you anything because you don't need to know anything about it. And—" His head dropped down in my neck, "I know being harsh, I'm sorry."

Read the full book on patreon quicker: www.patreon.com/miakerr