17 | partenza

"Once the buttons are undone, you know how it'll all end. It's all in the game, there are no miracles."

Myra

"Why can't you shift?" Cedric turned away from the noises and looked at me with concern. There was possibly no explanation for why I couldn't shift except for that I didn't want Bane to notice that I was his mate.

"I just feel weak, I don't think so I can shift," I responded, nervously.

"Oh," his expression softened at my response and he nodded his head, "All right, we will take a car then."

"But what about Alpha Landon, he's dead?" I pursed my lips together in confusion. What was he going to do about it? Someone or the other would question Bane if he left without saying anything.

Cedric wrapped his fingers around my hand and peeked at the backyard again, "Alpha Bane will take care of it, you don't need to be worried about it, we should leave immediately. Do you have your car keys?" When the coast was clear, we headed there and I quickly pulled out my keys and showed them to Cedric.

The two cars were still parked where I had left them. I turned on my engine as Cedric sat beside me. Chatters could be heard within the house. I didn't want to danger Bane but again, he was an Alpha—stronger than anyone else. He could handle it.

There was Alpha Landon's blood smeared on my clothes and it smelled. I wanted to rip them apart and discard them but now wasn't the right time. The only thing going on in my head was escaping the territory—the area where I had killed Alpha Landon. I'd be safe in the city, that's if Bane wanted to keep me alive after what all I did.

The tires rolled against the thick pavement and I drove away from the packhouse. My fingers trembled and I gripped onto the steering wheel tightly. Losing control wasn't an option. Occasionally, I took a glance at the rear mirrors to see whether the other's picked up on the car but the roads behind me were empty which meant that Bane hadn't left yet.

"What about the others?" I asked Cedric.

"They will come, don't worry."

"What if they find out about Alpha Landon before they can leave? What will happen then?" There were so many questions I wanted to ask so I could calm down.

"Then, Alpha Bane will have no choice but to take the entire pack down," Cedric replied, without any emotion.

I gasped and my heart skipped a beat at his response. What the fuck?

"Wait! He can't do that, can he?" My heart pounded against my tiny chest. I felt my muscles tense with fear. There was no possibility that Bane was so merciless that he'd take an entire pack down for a mistake I made.

"He has taken a lot of packs down, Myra. Red Walkers is a small pack, he will take it down if he has too." Cedric reminded me of the things Bane had done in his past.

"But they haven't done anything," I argued. I didn't want innocent people to die.

"I know, nothing will happen unless anyone from their pack does something—which I doubt they'd do. They know who Alpha Bane is and what he has done, he's stained and evil with power and strength, he killed his entire family, he won't show mercy on anyone that crosses his path—"