41 | cerimonia del sangue

Myra

Blood Swamp was the pack I was born into twenty years ago and at the mere age of sixteen, I left and turned into a rogue. When Bane suggested that I became a part of his pack, my thoughts were whirling and I was shaking from the inside. The fear gnawed at my spine.

Not once, in all those four years I thought of become a member of a pack. I had my own reasons, I hated bending to an Alpha, listening to them and obeying to their rules. Females wolves were always endangered, whether in pack or not, they were only used for breeding—usually forced.

I didn't want to repeat history again.

"No rules," I said to Bane.

"Not that you're going to respect any of them," He gave me a cocky smile.

"You're not going to demand me," Demanding in bed was understandable but outside, away from the bedroom, never.

He let out a chuckle, "No, it's better if you kill me and become an Alpha, this way you don't have to listen or entertain me." It was pure sarcasm but I wasn't joking.

"Stop. It's not a joke. I'm being serious. I don't want to be treated like trash—"

He cupped my face and stopped me from continuing any further, "You're not going to be treated like trash," The fear knotted inside my stomach detangled and I let out a breath of relief.

"Fine, but if you do anything as such as anything then I will runaway and I know how to run," I said, threatening him. I wasn't going to take my chances. What if Bane turned into something completely different after mating with me? What if he didn't want me anymore?

"Okay, anything else?"

"No, that's all."

Wolves could be only linked to one and another through blood—the blood of a true Alpha which then forced the nature to form a pack. Once a wolf was under an Alpha, he/she was forced to obey his every single demand otherwise they were consequences.

Bane picked up the silver blade from the round antique table. He bought it up his hand and the sharpness inched across his skin, cutting it up. My stomach churned at the sight of blood but I continued studying him. He poured his sacred blood inside a golden cup and then handed it over to me. I took it from his hand, bought it up to my nose and frowned at the scent of it.

Ew.

"Come on, quick, quick, I'm dying here to mark you." He teased, leaning against the table as he waited for me to gulp down the contents of the cup.

"You know none of this would've happened if my previous Alpha wouldn't have showed up," I mumbled under my breath. I had a few weaknesses and one of them were Hugh. The only Alpha I ever dreaded from.

Bane gave me a manly grin and didn't say anything further. The cold sides of the cup touched touched my lips and I swallowed it. It went down my throat and a second after that, I grabbed the whiskey bottle from the counter and chugged it down to escape from the taste of my own mate's blood. It burned.

"Done," I said, placing the cup over the table. "Now what?" I had never done the blood ceremony with Alpha Hugh as I was born into his pack, it wasn't required.

"Shift and submit,"

"What?!" I shouted. That was not part of the ritual.

"You have to shift so we can complete the process,"

My eyes pierced at him as I took a step back and removed my shirt to shift. I never knew what the entire process was. And, being honest, it sounded stupid. I hated shifting. Whilst I was removing my clothes, I noticed that the mark on my neck was gone—there was nothing, no bruise or blood. How did it just vanish?

I left my underwear and my bra on me, not wanting to expose everything right away. I couldn't believe that I had done it, that Bane was going to be my Alpha, my mate. I crouched down on my knees and snapped my eyes shut as pain went through my body. It started with my fingers that elongated into claws and then the fur appeared on my body as I shifted into the vicious wolf I was.

I let out of a shuddering breath following a scream as my bones cracked and shifted. My teeth gnashed out of my mouth and I collapsed on the floor before completing my change.

When I rose, I was a wolf.

I lifted my head and found Bane on his spot, staring, studying every inch of me. His brown eyes melted into mine before turning into a ruddy red. I shrunk underneath his gaze—his power, his dominance and his authority that ruled over me as I was under him now.

A satisfied smile appeared on his lips as his hands reached out to my head. I bought myself forward, unable to denying the connection and bowed down to him in respect. Submitting. There was no shocking change in me or my body.

It was only that I didn't smell like a nasty rogue anymore, not that it affected me as I always took herbs to keep that smell down.

"It's done. You're mine," he said, running his fingers through my fur. I purred softly, wanting to melt but then I shifted back as soon as my wolf started feeling something for Bane.

Emotions.

When I shifted back, I fell on the ground, my breathing heavy as I clutched on myself for support.

"You made me go through that much pain just to see that if I'd submit to you or not?" I growled, getting up, still naked and bare.

Bane simply shrugged at my anger, "I knew you'd," Bastard. He moved his hand through my shoulder length hair and yanked me closer, pressing my body against his, "Now that you're naked, I have something great planned for you—actually, us." 

Read the full book on patreon quicker: www.patreon.com/miakerr.