43 | guerra

Myra

An Alpha's pride was defined by how he managed his pack of wolves, the commands he gave, the protection of the others, and lastly, the safety of the pack—ensuring that it never went in war with another one.

After spurting out a ton of blood, I cleaned up myself and washed away the dirt. I glanced at my reflection, the fear caught me right, my eyes were dwelling with tears of the past and my heart was thundering in my chest.

Hugh wanted me and he wasn't going to stop till he got what he wanted.

I slapped the faucet shut and walked out of the washroom. Going downstairs, I entered the hallway where I found Bane speaking to his wolves, ordering them to leave and take down Hugh.

"I'm coming as well," I announced when I noticed that he was getting ready to leave with his wolves.

Bane spun around and his brows scrunched, "What?"

"I'm coming too,"

"No," He shook his head, "You're not. You're sick anyway so you're going to stay here. Don't worry, I promise to bring Hugh's head back and we all can party then," Saying and killing someone we're two different things.

Hugh couldn't be killed that easily and I knew that because I did try to kill him once.

"No, I'm not sick, I'm perfectly fine. I'm going, stop me if you can," I folded my hands across my hand and cleared the air.

"You don't even know how to fight!"

"You're being absurd now," I rolled my eyes at him, "I do know how to fight,"

"We both clearly know what Roger did to you—"

"That was before I shifted," I cut him off and said.

There was a stretch of silence between us before Bane nodded his head and agreed to taking me. I could fight, better than the others. I was born to take down Alpha's and I only knew Hugh's weakness, he was blind and weakened, killing him off wouldn't be a difficult task.

"Fine, but you'll stay afar from the crowd, I don't want you coming near to anyone and we are leaving now." Bane warned me, hand folding behind his back.

I peeked over his shoulder and found the other wolves of his pack leaving. Engines of cars roared outside and drifted away from the packhouse. I followed Bane to the outside which had been cleared in a few seconds. The other wolves were now gone.

Pocketing through keys, Bane said, "There are ten of them, one of them is Hugh, two of them are your parents and I'm unsure about the rest seven so be careful."

Hugh's pack mainly consisted of old wolves, easy to die but hard to attack as they went through decades of training, most of them were over the age of forty just as Hugh was. I plopped in the car beside Bane and he took off immediately.

There was no talking as my throat was still sore with the puking I had just done. Houses passed by and then the trees appeared, we were driving towards the outskirts of the city, by the woods.

I held my gaze outside, looking at everything flashing, not once I thought that I would've to face Hugh again.

"How many of your wolves are there?" I asked Bane, titling my head towards his direction.

All his attention was on the road until I didn't say something. "A few, not that I require many but if needed, I have the whole city behind me."

A frown crossed my face and I looked away, Bane was too proud of himself and being too cocky could lead to something bad, not that I wished anything upon him. I started liking him more than before.

I actually started liking him.

Fuck.

Bane could be all vicious and cruel he wanted to be but he did have something for me, call it remorse or care, he still had something. He wasn't my idea of a happily ever after as I always assumed that I'd end up with a human, those assumptions were clearly wrong and I was willing to see where this all led too.

I was too lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that Bane had stopped his car. When I snapped out, I looked around, found myself in the middle of nowhere, only beside huge trees and the full moon. The grounds were wet when I stepped down from the car but it wasn't raining, just drizzling.

I sniffed the air and realized that the wolves were nearby. Every pack had their own scent and Hugh's pack scent was stuck in my mind. There were a few of them just as Bane had said, nearby, lurking in the shadows, taking their spots.

"Come with me," Bane wrapped his hand around my wrist and said, taking me into the woods.

A bile rose up my throat but I quickly swallowed it down. It gave me comfort each time Bane touched me, his touch—something I had always yearned for.

"Wait," I whispered, stopping him.

"What?"

My eyes lingered around the area and I took another sniff, "There is something else,"

Bane sniffed and then realized, "Rogues,"

"A lot of them,"

"What are they doing here?" He asked, confused.

"Hugh must've gathered them, he used to befriend a lot of them back in the time and then forced them to join his pack." I explained. It was the only way Hugh's pack was strong, he had the power of rogues by his side.

Bane was concerned for a whole moment and then he shrugged the tension off, "It's not like something I can't handle,"

"But they are rogues," I tugged onto his hand tightly, feeling his energy sear into me.

"So? I can kill them,"

"It's not that easy,"

"Shut your mouth and come with me,"

What a—bastard.

We walked into the darkness and came to an opening where I froze after seeing Hugh, he wasn't alone, he had my parents at one side and a pair of warriors on the other one. I held my breath back and curled my hand into a fist. Hugh had great senses, gifted by the higher power, he sensed different smells and knew when trouble was approaching him. Blinding him made no difference, it only took his eye-sight away, he was still stronger than a lot of werewolves.

Nature rules.

The wolves stared at me with perfidious attention. They waited for me to move as I was the only dangerous threat around.

"I smell you, Myra, your foul yet pungent smell of a rogue." Hugh whispered, his lips curling into a wicked smile. "Oh, and is that the man you have been sleeping with? I smell him all over you,"

Bane looked at me and then at Hugh, he scoffed, literally, "Is this what I'm dealing with? A blind coward? God, I'm terrified." He chuckled, his hand still around my wrist.

"Give us the girl or this blind coward will end your existence," Hugh threatened, his leg leaning forward for an attack.

I glanced over my parents, hoping they would have changed but after seeing their faces, I looked away. They weren't hear to apologize or anything, they were here to weaken and grab me.

"Come get her then," Bane said, pushing me forward.

Did he just—no.

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr