39 | triste

Myra

I burst out in tears as soon as I received the information through Roman that Hugh was coming. The grief of being taken and forced into all those trainings washed over me, again and again. For the first time in a while I felt the smallest flicker of happiness but that was going to be snatched away from me.

The sneer on Bane's face softened as he looked at me, "Stop crying. Do you think I will let him take you?"

"You don't know him," I sobbed. God. I was weak just by hearing his name.

"I don't need to know anyone to kill them so quiet down," He snapped back at Marcus and ordered, "Don't allow him entry, and if he forces himself inside the city then put him down."

"But my parents are with him..."

"I'm not killing anyone, Myra. Just putting them down if they do something—meaning, capturing them." He clarified and I let out a breath of relief.

"Okay," I stopped crying, wiped away my wet cheeks and continued staring at Bane who was giving orders to Marcus about what he and the other wolves needed to do. None of the orders included killing any of them.

Once Marcus left, Bane turned his attention at me, his expression filling up with affection, "Don't worry, and there is no reason to cry so don't. Crying makes you weak," His fingers moved towards my face and he wiped away my tears.

Clearly, this man had never cried.

I trusted Roman, I believed that he wouldn't tell anyone but I could sniff other werewolves in the mountains—one of them must had told Hugh about my existence. He was already here, just outside the city, waiting for Bane to grant him entrance, after all, this was his city. Hugh couldn't step in here without Bane's permission.

I let out a tiny whimper and clung onto Bane for comfort, melting in his hands. This wasn't how I wanted it all to go. Everything changed in a second. The child inside me was crying with pain, and memories of the past.

"Mark me," I said to Bane, the tears weren't going to stop anytime soon and I needed to take my mind of Hugh.

"What?" He moved back, unwrapping his arms around my shaking body.

I lifted my head, meeting his gaze, "Mark me. This way Hugh can't take me. He won't find me useful at all because he can't mate with me,"

"You do know that males can take a marked female as well?" Bane asked, crushing all my hopes.

"But that will never cross his mind, he won't find me useful, you have to mark me," I begged as he expected too. "No one can force me then,"

"No one can force you anyway. If you're forgetting, you're my mate," he reminded me.

"I know and that's why I'm asking you to mark me," The tension spilled out of me through my tone.

"Myr—"

"Please, I want this right now. You wanted it as well. Has it changed after you learned that I'm broken?" I asked.

He snarled at me, "Of course, not."

"Then?"

"I don't want to force you," Hesitation clear in his voice as he spoke to me.

"Really?" My face scrunched, "Just a few hours ago you were going to force me. What was that?"

"I was just scaring you,"

"Just mark me, please, I'm begging."

Bane closed his eyes, breathed and then opened his eyes to give me a cautionary look. "Fine. Remember, you wanted it,"

As soon as I got him to agree, I pushed my hair aside from my neck and leaned forward, getting ready for him to mark me.

"Jesus, not here!" he grabbed my wrist and took me away from the hallway. His irritation climbed as he dragged me. "God, you're desperate,"

With Hugh standing a few hours away from me, yes, I was desperate. I didn't want to be tortured for the rest of my life and then be marked by someone I didn't like at all. Bane took me upstairs, and from the silence, I could assume that Cindy was long gone. It was the middle of the night and the only sound I could hear was the father clock ticking mercilessly. With every second passing by, I got paranoid and all I felt was hurt and pain.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I walked inside a cold room, not an office, not a meeting room, not my room but Bane's bedroom—his fucking bedroom. He took me here, to his room, to mark me. I was taken back, I couldn't believe that he actually took me to his own bedroom. The entire time, I was being thrown around the packhouse, getting fucked in different places but not once I came inside Bane's bedroom. I didn't even know what it looked like until the moment I was pulled in there.

The bedroom was big, bigger than other bedrooms around the house and it was pitch-black inside until Bane switched on the golden lights. The thick door behind me slammed close as I went further inside, noticing every single detail—the bed he slept in, the mattress, the shower, the table, the mirror and everything else my eyes could look at.

The tension inside me eased and the only thing I could think about was getting fucked on that big, bad bed. A tight grimace appeared on my lips and my pussy clenched.

Fuck.

I wanted a quickie.

Clearing his throat, Bane whipped me around and inched closer, his voice immediately changing, "So, what did you want again?" He looked down at me like a hungry animal but I was the one starving here.

"...mark me..." I was too ashamed to say anything else. I wanted him to do more than marking me, I wanted him to fuck me over his bed, I wanted my moans to fill up the entire room, I wanted to break that goddamn bed and hear it creak each and every single time he thrusted inside me.

"Is that all?"

I gulped, hard. "Yes,"

"Well, that seems boring," He tugged me towards him, brushed away all the hair covering up my neck and then nuzzled deep down, his hot breath fanning over my sweet spot. I curled my fingers together in a fist and closed my eyes, waiting for his animalistic canines to sink in and claim me.

This had been the longest I had ever waited for someone.

I was wretched, beyond miserable in front of Bane.

My thoughts were corrupted when I felt a sharp pain go through my neck as he bit me, marking me as his. My eyes struck open and I stared at the ceiling as his arms circled around my back, seizing and pulling me towards his body. There was no pleasure in the marking. Everything in front of me blurred and my eyes dropped down.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

"Stop, stop!" I whispered, pushing him back.

Bane moved away immediately but the pain didn't stop. It hurt like a bitch. I bought my hands up to touch the mark but it stung back and I groaned, "Ouch,"

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"My body is rejecting your bite—your mark, your claim on me,"

Read the full book on patreon quicker: www.patreon.com/miakerr