21 | cindy

"Purr for me, kitten." 

Myra

The everlasting ache in my body didn't perish after a good night's sleep. I woke up with my insides throbbing and soreness roughly around my stomach. I turned in a different direction and smiled while my eyes were still shut. It was great—the sex was mind-blowing and lovely. There was a little regret, lingering at the back of my head, telling me that I had done wrong by sleeping with someone who wasn't my mate.

It was my wolf.

A low whimper came out of me as I got up, finally flickering my eyes open to the bright rays of the sun and returning to the real world. The night was over and Cedric was long gone just as I asked him too. Having sex was fine but I couldn't cuddle or sleep with him—that would be just too much.

The white sheets were twisted around my bare body, telling me that I had slept quite well. I grabbed my phone from the side table and decided to call Cindy, she must've been wondering where I went or what happened to me. My apartment was cleared as Cedric had gotten all my stuff under the command of the Alpha and that itself could create many doubts for Cindy.

"Myra?" Cindy asked, picking up my call.

"Yes,"

"Where are you? I have been looking for you for days now! Jesus, how are you? Why is your apartment empty? What had happened? Did you move out or what?" she questioned, without taking a breath. Worry quickly followed down her morning voice.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I didn't have my phone earlier so I couldn't call you but I'm fine. Don't worry, I'm still in the city with a bunch of male wolves around me," I said, trying to explain my current situation.

"What? Male wolves?"

"I was captured the night I left for a run. Apparently, now I'm a prisoner but don't worry, no one is harming me or abusing me. I have to stay here for a few weeks. Once the storm settles down, I will think about something," By storm, I meant Bane. I had to still make my mind up on what I had to do with him.

Leave.

Or stay.

"Where are you?" she asked.

"Around, in the city."

"With who?"

"A bunch of other wolves. Remember I told you about the pack here, well, they were the one who captured me and—" I paused for a second, holding a deep breath before continuing, "I'm mated to one of them,"

"What? As in soul mates?"

"Yes,"

"Oh my, isn't that good?"

I threw my sheets aside and shook my head while walking towards the large window, "Not really,"

"Why not? Are you safe?"

"Yes, Cindy, I'm safe. And, I will be meeting you very soon so don't be worried, all right?"

"Yes, I will try now," she giggled through the phone, "I was going to go to the police if you hadn't called me,"

"Please don't,"

After assuring Cindy a few hundred times that I was fine, I closed the call and decided to freshen up by showering. I didn't want her to be pulled in all of this in any way. If Bane got a slight hint of what all I had told Cindy, he'd kill her and then me for breaking the wolf law that had been strong for years now. Outing and telling a human about werewolves and creatures was forbidden and it could lead to a lot of dangers.

I was in my moment of tranquility when a thought ran across my head and disturbed me. I was captured almost a week ago—or so and I hadn't gotten my things until a few days back. When I came to the conclusion that I hadn't been taking my birth control, I jumped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body.

"Fuck, fuck," I cursed, searching through my things. I yanked out the small box of my pills. I had missed them for over a week now and I had slept with Cedric last night.

I couldn't be pregnant.

No. No.

Only mates could breed their other half but since I wasn't marked by Bane, there was a possibility I could get pregnant.

There was a morning after pill but I didn't have it as I never thought about having sex with anyone until now. I threw on my clothes and hurried out of the room with panic manifesting my body. I had to go to the pharmacy and get it before this all could get any worse. It was all my fault for forgetting that I wasn't on birth control anymore.

Just as I was about to head for the door, air whipped through me causing my hair to land on my face and before I could comprehend what was happening, Bane stood in front of the entrance with a scowl crawling on his features.

"And, where do you think you're running?" he asked, studying me.

I swallowed down the panic welling in my throat and replied, "I need to get something,"

Bane stepped away from the door and approached me, he walked around in a circle, taking a sniff each time and then stopped. Curiosity got the best of him and he asked, "Why do you smell like another male?"

"What's your problem?" I snapped, folding my hands across my chest and meeting his gaze.

He grabbed my arm and yanked me towards him, "Who have you been fucking with?"

"Excuse me? Do you have a problem?"

"Answer me, Myra." The threat in his voice grew with every second and his eyes turned red with anger. "Who have you been fucking with?" I could hear the wrath in his lasting voice.

"Cedric," I replied, feeling a bit regretful but that feeling went away as fast as it came, "Do you have a problem? Did I break a rule, Mr. Alpha? Because I don't remember any rule against fucking your pack members,"

Bane moved his hand away and stepped back with a little distress in his face, he took a moment to grasp on what I had just said. It was straight-forward, I had no intention of hiding it from him anyway and it wasn't a big of a deal yet I could see him getting jealous.

He raised his head and shot me a penetrating look, "Bitch,"

"Fuck you," I rolled my eyes and headed towards the door so I could go and get what I needed. I wasn't going to be held back by him.

Before I could leave, Bane grabbed my wrist and pulled me away, "I never allowed you to leave,"

"I need to go get something," I repeated.

"I don't care. You're not leaving and certainly not alone,"

Just as I was about to argue with him, my phone started ringing and I froze with fear. An annoyed expression crossed his face as I pulled out my phone. Without a warning, he snatched it away from my hands but I was able to read who was calling me and it was Cindy.

"Mhm, let's see who this is." A grin appeared on his lips as he pressed on the green button and raised the phone to his ears to speak with Cindy.

This wasn't going to end well. 

Read chapter 22 on Inkitt, username is miakerr

Or read the full book on patreon, www.patreon.com/miakerr