38 | hugh

Myra

It took me almost a minute till I freshened up and left the washroom to see Bane seated on the bed, waiting to spill all my secrets about my past. He folded his leg over the other one and his lips turned into a cold smile.

I swallowed hard and sat beside him, "What do you want to know?" His eyes averted when I switched on the lamp on the nightstand, lightening up the room.

"Everything,"

"Like?"

"Like there are no official records of an alive female rogue right now so let's get started with that," he raised his brows in confusion. It was true—there were no records about a female rogue, even if there was one, she was either killed or starved to death, that's what happened to rogues.

"I was kicked out, which turned me into a rogue so my name was on the list for a few months but I faked my death before moving here to the city," I explained. "Which is why you don't have any records of me,"

"Blood Swamp, isn't it? My knowledge tells me that it's a small pack and the Alpha there is the oldest one in ruling. So, why would they kick you out?" Bane was an Alpha and being one forced connections among the other Alpha's, he knew everything but Hugh was a facade, he didn't tell anyone about his plans, not even his Beta or my parents.

"They didn't kick me out until I blinded Hugh, the Alpha. He believed I was the strongest among females and with a little bit of training, I could kill Alpha's without getting injured." It was still a vivd memory when I was eleven and standing beside other female wolves of my pack then.

I was the chosen one.

"And, why would he think that? You're weak, clearly," he taunted, rolling his eyes.

"If you're forgetting, I have a black wolf and only Alpha's have black wolves—"

"Which makes you the first female Alpha," he completed my sentence.

"Yes," I smiled. I was stronger and a potential Alpha if I wanted to become one. I could always have my own pack.

"Was your father an Alpha?"

"No,"

"Then? How do you have a black wolf?"

I shrugged, not knowing the answer to that, "Guess, I'm just lucky,"

"How did you hide your scent? I know I'm not a fool and I know that you're doing some voodoo shit," he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer, threat clear in his voice.

"Yes, I had a witch. When I visited Colorado a few months ago, I came across a witch and she gave me herbs to hide the scent of my wolf." I spilled out in fear. Bane couldn't use any of it against me as I was his mate. He'd think a hundred times before ever letting anyone know what voodoo shit I had been upto.

He loosened his grip, "Is that even fucking possible?"

"That's the beauty of traveling, you don't know what you come across. The witch I met had a lot of other herbs that could help me," I mumbled, moving back. "But every other Alpha ability came to me naturally, my senses are heightened, I'm clearly stronger than other wolves and my strength has just increased by killing Alpha Landon,"

Killing an Alpha gave more strength, more power and more energy. It was the main reason why Hugh wanted me to kill Alpha's.

"So, what was Hugh's plan?" He asked, reading my thoughts. Was that even possible? Ugh, the mate bond.

"His plan was to train me into killing wolves, and then Alpha's—all of them—one by one, making Hugh the strongest Alpha alive." I said to him, blinking my tears away. I didn't want to cry, not in front of Bane.

"How would that make him stronger?" He questioned, sounding interested in the topic. Alpha's only wanted strength and all of them wanted to dominate one or the other. Bane was no less than the other Alpha's.

"Because after I'd complete my task of taking every Alpha down, he intended to mate with me, shifting all my power to him, making him cruel and stronger than any other werewolf alive. When I learned that, I grabbed my chance, tried to kill him and then ran away,"

I ducked my head when anger flashed in Bane's eyes when I mentioned that Hugh wanted to mate with me—that was sacred. When he stood up, I winced in fright.

"All right, thanks for the information. I'm going to kill that old hag and then I will come to mark you—willing you or not," My heart thudded twice at his words.

"No, you can't kill him," I grabbed his arm and stopped him. "He doesn't even knows that I am alive,"

"Do you think I care, Myra? I don't. I will kill that man in a second and not feel any remorse, not because of what he did to you but because he had his intentions to mate with you. That's the only concern I have," He spat out, angrily, his words digging in my head.

I didn't want Bane to kill Hugh, and the main reason behind that would be my parents—they'd know that I was alive and they'll do everything possible to make my life miserable. I hated them and they hated me. Killing Hugh would create more problems.

I opened my mouth to stop him but my phone rang and I looked back to see a notification on the screen. Before I could reach for it, Bane grabbed it, and read the message. His anger just worsened after reading whatever it was on the message.

"What is it?" I asked, trying to reach for my phone but he was too tall and large compared to me.

Bane didn't utter a single word, he pushed me away and walked out of the room. I followed him behind, wondering who had texted me and what was on that text. Just outside the room, I found a Marcus, the mated male I had seen around the packhouse.

He bought news.

"There is an Alpha at the border, requesting for entering the city," Marcus said, his voice shaking.

My eyes widened with surprise and I snatched the phone away from Bane's hand to read the message. It was from my brother, Roman who was warning me about Hugh.

'Alpha Hugh knows that you're alive and he's coming to claim you alongside our parents,'

Read the full book on patreon quicker; www.patreon.com/miakerr