19 | cedric

"Seduction always get the evil out of me."  

Myra

The warm water ran down my body as I showered. I struggled with removing the blood of Alpha Landon from my body—it had stained me—forever. Once clean, I stepped out, dried myself and wore something comfortable. My whole world was whirling since the moment I was caught by the Iron Banes, I wasn't able to think about anything except for survival. I was grateful that Bane had let me live after what I did in Bleakburn but a part of me broke when he told me that he didn't want me.

Maybe I was expecting something else.

Maybe I wanted him to desire me.

I rubbed the towel through my wet locks and dropped it aside. The packhouse was quite silent as if all the wolves were gone. It was almost four when someone knocked on my door. I was respected here by everyone except for Bane and Roger. My stomach churned at the thought of Roger—at least his paws were off me.

"Come in," I said, getting up from the bed.

Cedric walked inside the dark room, his eyes wandered around and then landed on me. "I was wondering if you wanted to eat something. You haven't eaten for a while now,"

I was going to say no until my gaze locked with his. Bane's words rushed through my mind. I was free. He stated he didn't want me, I had the option to be with whoever I wanted and Cedric wasn't bad at all—instead, he was the only good one around here.

"Of course, I'm starving," I smiled.

"Come with me," He said, in a gentle tone as he stepped out of my room and waited.

"How are you feeling?" Cedric asked, secretly glancing at me after every second.

"I'm good,"

"If you don't mind, may I ask something?"

"Of course,"

"What happened last night—between you and Alpha Landon?" His voice had hesitation. I had told Cedric what had happened but I didn't go in detail. "I mean, did he say something?"

"Yes, he was just assaulting me, trying to force himself upon me and calling me names. Before it went too far, I kicked him and then I killed him." I explained, reimaging what I had been through last night. It was usual for Alpha's to attack weaker and younger females—especially rogues. However, I was the first female rogue in a long time.

"I'm sorry,"

"It's all right, he's dead."

"You do know he's married, right?"

I stopped walking and froze. Wait. "What?!" I exclaimed, creases forming on my forehead with confusion. I thought he was unmated.

"Alpha Landon, he was a married man,"

I shook my head as an icy chill ran down my spine. I had killed someone's husband. That was going to consume me for the rest of my life.

"Does he has any children?" I asked Cedric, hoping for a no.

"Not that I know off but I have heard that he has been married for a few years now. When you told me that he forced you, I didn't believe."

"Because he had a mate..."