49 | ha sostenuto

Myra

It had been almost a week since I heard nothing from Bane or anyone else, not even Roman. Hugh hadn't done anything and his silence scared me to death because I expected something.

I was allowed to go for casual runs and do the things I usually did before I was pushed into the chaos, like apply for jobs, whiskey with Cindy and roam around the city like a normal human.

On a Sunday evening, I took a warm shower and stepped outside the washroom. Sniffing the air, I smelled and sensed something strange. My breath hitched in my chest when I recognized the scent. A female had been at the packhouse while I was away.

I dressed up quickly and stepped out of my bedroom to check what had been happening. Was Bane sleeping with someone else? Under his rules, females weren't allowed at the packhouse unless it was necessary.

I went over to the seating room and noticed the significant change in the air. A female had been here and she was here for a very long time.

A heavy feeling settled right over my heart when I found Bane, seated alone in front of the fireplace. He had something wrapped around his fingers. When he sensed me, he looked and smiled.

He did sleep with someone.

His hand rose and he handed out a piece of paper to me. "Get ready to be claimed," He said, his voice dark and rough.

I snatched the paper away from his hands and opened it to read the results of the paternity test. Rebecca was pregnant but it wasn't Bane's child, the DNA didn't match, it was someone else's.

A slow gasp disappeared from my lips and my gut tightened with all the wrong words I had said to Bane over the past week. He was right. He didn't mark her and he didn't get her pregnant.

My stomach tied in a knot and I pursed my lips together, not knowing what to say anymore.

Sorry, mate, I was wrong?

"Cat got your tongue?"

I swallowed hard, "Well—"

"No well's, you're coming with me." In a flash, Bane was in front of me, grabbing my hand and taking me somewhere.

"I'm sorry," I said before he tried to do something—like punish me for the foul language I had been using over the week.

"Hand over your phone?" He stopped by the doorway and asked, extending his hand towards me. Why did he want my phone?

"Bane,"

He yanked me towards himself and grabbed my face, "Let me make one thing clear," he breathed, "You'll be screaming for mercy," His hands went behind my back and deep into my jeans.

I was too lost in his gaze that I didn't even realize that he pulled out my phone. By the time I did, he had it already and he was switching it off.

"What are you doing with that?" I questioned, looking back into his piercing eyes.

"Switching it off so no one disturbs us,"

Wait.

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to fuck the hell out of you. Didn't I already say that?" He gave me a stern glare before walking out of the packhouse with my hand wrapped around his.

"But—what happened with the woman?"

"Rebecca? I banished her. She lied. You do know how females are desperate to get Alpha's to mate with them," He said, pushing me inside a car.

Where were we even going? What was even happening? It happened to quickly, I didn't even get a second to breath.

Bane drove away from the driveway the moment he got inside the vehicle. I looked around my surroundings, trying to understand where he was taking me. My phone was taken and he was driving farther away from the packhouse, almost like he was kidnappning me.

I winced when the car stopped in front of a large residential hotel. No fucking way.

"Why are we going here?"

"Because I don't want anyone to disturb us," he flashed a smile at me before stepping out and throwing the keys at the valet parking man.

I was way too under dressed for a hotel. My hair was still wet and I had nothing on me except for a pair of jeans and a shirt I found in the closet.

It was that evening I learned that Bane owned a penthouse in the one of the top residential hotels in Ampleforth—I wasn't surprised, the man had the strongest wolf pack in the world of course they'd be a flow of money.

The pure, raw scent of jasmine hit me as soon as I stepped inside the penthouse, my eyes looking at every detail and my heart thundering inside my chest.

"Wow," I whispered to my self.

Before I could comprehend all that was happening around me, a hand snaked around my back and I was crushed against Bane.

"I warned you," He murmured in my ears while his hands moved around my body, teasing me in the right places.

I hadn't stopped thinking about being taken by Bane. I had countless sleepless nights because I couldn't stop dreaming about the ways he'd take me. He did ruin my sanity and I was certain about that.

As his hands went under my shirt, I purred, warming against his touch. He groaned in my ears when the friction between us increased. We were still at the doorway of penthouse and I couldn't stop wondering whether I could be seen by everyone through the long, stretched windows that showed the entire skyline of the city.

Just when I started to feel good, a cloth was wrapped around my eyes and my hands were tugged behind my back.

"Wait, what are you doing?" I asked, my voice shaking with fear when I felt a pair of ropes dig into my flesh.

He tightened the ropes in a flash and replied, "I wasn't joking when I told that I'd fuck the hell out of you,"

With that, his hand wrapped around my neck, showing me who was the Alpha here.

Read the full book on patreon quicker: www.patreon.com/miakerr