Ch. 2 - Mysterious Jax

"WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, you guys will be having food before lunch?!" Nick exclaimed as we walked to our fourth period

I nodded,"Yeah."

"Man, I knew that I should have chose that class," Nick groaned as he and Nichole stopped at their classroom.

"Well, you didn't so you are stuck with me in Art," Nichole said, making Nick pout like a child.

"Have fun you two," I said as they entered the classroom. They goodbye, and we continued to walk to the home ed room.

Brent and I walked into the classroom, and the first thing I saw was the tables. They were wide and long enough to fit two different set of partners.

The teacher was a male, and he was looking at his clipboard. There was already people sitting at the tables, quietly talking. I noticed that Clary was in this class.There was also a few new faces.

"Good morning. Can I have your names?" The teacher asked Brent and me.

"Brent Mason," Brent said, making the teacher nod.

"Alrighty, Mason, you are beside Fred. And who are you?" The teacher asked. His dark brown eyes were staring at me.

"Campbell Cade," I said, making him shake his head.

"I don't have a Campbell Cade. I have a Campbell West. Is that you?" The teacher asked me, causing some people to look at me. I saw Clary roll her eyes before looking back at her phone.

I nodded,"Yeah. It's Campbell West Cade actually."

The teacher looked at me with confused eyes before clearing his throat.

"Okay then you're beside Jax," he said, making me look around.

Brent and I made our way to our seat which was two rows apart. The boy beside me was using his pencils to tap the desk. His dark brown curly hair was sticking out of his gray beanie, and his brown eyes were focused on the pencils.

"Hi, I'm Campbell," I said, kindly.

He looked over at me, still tapping his pencils.

"I'm Jax. It's nice to meet you," Jax replied.

"So are you new here?" I asked him, trying to start a conversation.

He nodded,"Yep. That obvious, huh?"

I shrugged,"I was the new girl last year, so I know how it feels."

"Mr. Larson, this is not band. Stop beating on the tables," the teacher said, making Jax out his pencils down.

"Sorry, Mr. Banks," Jax apologized with a sly smile.

"Hmph. Anyways let's get started. The person you are sitting by is going to be your partner for the rest of the year so you better get to know each other," Mr. Banks said with a grin.