Ch. 43 - Battle of the Bands

"WE ARE GOING TO ROCK that stage tonight!" Gaberial said as we left the school

Today is Wednesday, and we are playing at the Battle of the Bands tonight. We practiced all afternoon yesterday until ten o'clock at night.

"Hell, yes!" Gavin agreed with his twin.

"We'll be there at seven thirty," Nichole told us as she typed away on her phone.

I smiled, but it faltered as I wondered if Brent was coming or not. He probably was since my brothers were his friends.

I got into the twins' truck, and I buckled myself in the car. The twins and Hailey got into the car as I laid my head back on the seat.

The whole ride home the twins argued which Fast & Furious is better, and I have never seen the movies so I can't pick a side.

When we arrived at our house, I quickly got out, and I walked inside the house. Summer greeted me by jumping up on my knees. I gave her a head rub, and I smiled.

We walked upstairs to my room so I could set my stuff down. When I opened my door, I saw Maya sitting on my bed. She looked nervous, and I was shocked to see her on my bed.

"Hey," Maya started, but I shook my head.

"I don't want to talk to you right now," I said, throwing my bag on the ground by my desk.

She stood up,"Campbell, please, let me explain. At first, I wanted to hurt you since I wanted Brent, but then I saw how much he loved you and I gave him up. I realized that Brent is your person, not mine."

"How could you cheat on him, though?" I asked her, suddenly.

"I was lonely on New York. Brent lives here, and my parents were never home and when they were, they never spent time with me. I needed a distraction, and I used other guys to make that distraction. I know it's messed up, and I regret cheating on Brent. That was the worst mistake of my life."

After a few moments of silence, I said, "Maya, I will forgive you, but I need to know is there anything else you two have been lying about?"

She shook her head,"No."

I nodded,"Okay then. I forgive you. It might take me a while to trust you again, but we are cool."

She smiled before walking to the door as I made my way to my window. She turned back around at the doorway.

"Why haven't you forgave him?" Maya asked me.