Ch. 16 - Game Day Pt. 1

I WOKE UP TUESDAY MORNING with a smile on my face

I WOKE UP TUESDAY MORNING with a smile on my face. It's game day, and I couldn't wait to get on the court. I threw the blanket off of me before walking into my bathroom. I did my morning routine, putting my hair into a fishtail braid, before walking into my closet to grab my outfit for today.

We have to wear our white and light blue jerseys to school today in honor of our first game. It was a long sleeve, silk shirt with my last name Cade and my number 11 on the back of it in white. The jersey itself was a light blue.

I paired the shirt with a pair of black shorts and my white converses. When I was changed into the outfit, I looked at myself in the mirror.

If somebody told me last year that I would be playing volleyball, I would laugh at them and call them crazy.

But here I am, standing in my volleyball jersey.

I smiled before walking out of my bathroom and back into my bedroom. I opened my jewelry box to pick out a bracelet and a necklace.

I picked my volleyball bracelet Nichole gave me for my birthday. It was a string bracelet with a volleyball in the middle. It was simple, but it was so cute.

Then I looked for the necklace Brent gave me–the heart one with a tiny crown on it. My eyebrows furrowed together when I couldn't find it anywhere in the box.

"What the?" I mumbled, looking around to the room to see if I misplaced it.

I walked over to my desk, and I opened all of the drawers to see it nowhere. I was just in the bathroom so it couldn't be in there.

Where the heck did it go?

"Campbell! You have ten minutes before you have to leave!" Mom yelled from downstairs.

I sighed as I grabbed my bag, throwing it over my shoulder, and my phone. I'll just have to find the necklace later.

I walked downstairs, quickly. I walked into the kitchen to grab something to eat when I saw Micheal sitting alone at the island. He had a red apple in his hands, but he wasn't eating it. He just stared at it in his hands.

"You okay, Mic? You look at the apple like it divorced your something," I joked, grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge.

"Campbell, how do you know that Brent is the one?" Micheal asked me, serious, making me look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"Brent and you are soul mates. Anybody could easily see that. How did you know that he was right for you?" Micheal asked, placing the apple down.

I shrugged,"I don't know. I mean, there was sparks and when he wasn't around me, my mind was filled with him. Wait, why are you asking all of this?"

Micheal cleared his throat, deciding if he wanted to tell me or not. But before his mouth opened, Mom walked in the door.