Ch. 19 - Micheal

THE NEXT DAY, I went to school, and everybody was looking at me

THE NEXT DAY, I went to school, and everybody was looking at me. I ignored them, and I spent my day like any normal day.

On Thursday it was better, but I couldn't play in the volleyball game. We still won, but I sill wanted to play.

And now it was Friday–meaning Elliot is coming home. He'll be here around four or five this evening depending on his flight.

"Campbell, don't forget after school, me and you are driving," Dad said, pointing at me as he filled his cup up with coffee.

"Gotcha," I replied before stabbing my waffle with my fork.

"Good morning, Uncle Ross," Maya said, in a cheerful voice, behind me. I scowled are her voice.

After what happened Tuesday, Maya and I haven't talked or interacted. Not that I'm complaining.

"Campbell," Maya said, sitting across from me.

"Maya," I said in the exact same tone. I took a sip of my orange juice.

"Uncle Ross, I was wondering if you fix my flat tire today? I really need it fixed," Maya asked with pouty lips.

"I have to be at work in ten minutes, but I can definitely fix it later on this evening," Dad replied with a warm smile.

"That's alright. I'll just get one of the boys to do it. Maybe even Brent," Maya told him, making me squeeze my fork between my fingers.

That's it. She's playing with fire, and she's about to get burned.

"Ross, can you come here for a moment?" Mom called from her office.

"Coming," Dad called back before excusing himself, leaving Maya and I alone.

I turned to face her, angrily. She just smirked at me like she won a prize.

"Ooh, did I hit a nerve?" Maya asked with a fake sad face.

"I'm going to tell you one last time, Maya. Brent is my boyfriend. Not yours. Stay the hell away from him. You have been trying to steal him from me ever since you walked into the front door. He loves me and I love him. Leave us be," I told her, but she rolled her eyes.

"If only you knew the truth," she muttered, making me furrow my eyebrows.

Before I could press for information, Micheal walked into the kitchen. His black hair was still wet from the shower, and he look tired.

"You okay, Micheal?" I asked him as he opened the fridge.

He nodded,"Yeah. Practice has me worn out."

"I got to get going. Clary is outside," Maya told us, waving goodbye.

We heard the front door shut, meaning she left. Thank God.