Ch. 39 - Madison's News

WE WERE ALL WAITING ANXIOUSLY as we waited for Gavin and Madison to walk through the door

WE WERE ALL WAITING ANXIOUSLY as we waited for Gavin and Madison to walk through the door. They should be here any minute, and I couldn't wait to see Madison.

None of us have seen her since the day after Fourth of July, and it's the end of September.

My thoughts went flying out when the front door opened. Madison and Gavin walked in, holding hands.

"Omg!" Hailey exclaimed before hugging Madison along with Nichole.

Madison looked a little bit different from the last time I saw her. Her hair was straightened, reaching mid back. She had a little nose ring in her nose, and she rocked it.

I got up from the couch, and I gave her a huge hug. She even grew taller than me when we were the same height. She must be at least five four now.

"I missed you guys so much!" Madison exclaimed, hugging us tightly.

"We missed you," I said after we broke apart.

"I love this," Nichole said, pointing at Madison's nose ring.

"Thanks. I just did it Monday," she said, touching the nose ring.

"So how Salt Lake treating ya?" Nick asked as he threw an arm over Nichole's shoulders.

"It's okay. I have a few friends, and classes are okay," Madison said as her smile faltered a bit.

"Well, it's great to have you back," Gaberial told her, sitting on the couch.

"It's great to be home."

"Gavin, we are stealing your girlfriend for the next hour," Nichole told Gavin , gently grabbing Madison by the arm.

Then we all ran up the stairs, and we went to my bedroom. Madison laid on the bed, exhausted.

"You have been gone, and we have a lot to tell you," Jordan said, crossing her legs as she sits on the edge of the bed.

"Oh boy," Madison groaned, making all of us laugh.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up to somebody shaking me. I opened my eyes to see Madison standing there.

"Madison, is everything okay?" I asked her, quickly sitting up.

"Not really," she replied, sitting beside me.

"What time is it?"

She shrugged,"Almost time for you to get up."

"What's wrong?" I asked her.