Ch. 27 - Locker

IT WAS CURRENTLY THURSDAY, meaning today was the day I'm suppose to go to therapy

IT WAS CURRENTLY THURSDAY, meaning today was the day I'm suppose to go to therapy. My appointment is after school, and Mom is suppose to be taking me since I'm still not comfortable on the roads.

I'm actually doing better since my father's death. I'm doing exactly what he told me to do; don't worry about him. I'm going to do that for him.

As I sat in Home Ed, waiting for Jax to come in. I need his notes for the test next Friday, which I'll probably fail.

"Good morning, Campbell," Jax said as he sat down beside me.

"Morning," I replied as I opened my notebook.

"Here are the notes from yesterday," Jax said as he pushed a notebook filled with writing towards me.

"Thank you. I need these if I'm going to pass that test next Friday," I said before I started writing down notes.

"If you need any help studying for the test, let me know. I'm more than willingly to help,"  Jax offered, tapping his pencil on the desk.

"Thanks. This week has been very...overwhelming," I said as our teacher walked in.

"I bet. I'm sorry for your father by the way," Jax said, making me stop writing.

I told everybody that I wanted to keep this quiet. Only the girls, my family, and Brent's family knows about what happened.

So how in the hell did Jax know about my father's death?

I stayed silent for the rest of class, trying to wrap my head around what he just said. There is no possible way that he knew that. We even made Maya promise not to tell anybody or else she will go to that boarding school in Europe.

Once the bell rang for lunch, I quickly left the table and I walked over to Brent, who was still packing his stuff.

He stood up before throwing his bag over his shoulder. When he saw me, his eyes widen.

"Campbell, what's wrong?" Brent asked me as his eyes never left mine.

"Brent, come with me," I said as he pushed his chair under the table.

We walked out of the classroom, and we continued to walk until we were in the courtyard away from everybody.

"Princess, you're starting to scare me," Brent joked, sitting on one of the benches.

"Brent, in class, Jax told me he was sorry for my loss. He knew that my father died," I blurted out, making him quiet down.

"How?" Brent asked with a frown.

"I don't know. He just up and told me like it was a casual thing. I'm think I'm going crazy because the only people I wanted to know was the people I told..." I trailed off.

"Babe, take a breather. Maya probably let it slip out. She can't keep a secret for long," he said before mumbling,"Trust me."

I took a deep breath before saying,"You're right. I'm just overreacting. It probably was just Maya. She hates my guts especially since I gave her that bruise."

He took my hands into his. "Now that you are calmed down, can we please go get some lunch? I'm starving."

I nodded, and he gave me a quick peck on the lips. He stood up, and we walked towards the cafeteria with our hands enter locked.

"There you guys are. Where were you guys?" Nichole asked us once we sat down at the table.

"Talking," Brent replied before I could say anything.

"You know you guys don't have to use code words for a hookup right. We don't judge here," Gaberial said with a tiny smirk.

I threw a grape at him. He caught it easily before plopping it into his mouth.

"One day, one day," I mumbled, making him smile wider.

I rolled my eyes before looking over next to me to see Jax was nowhere to be found.

"Where's Jax?" I asked, looking back at them.

Hailey shrugged,"He had to go talk to a teacher or something like that. He left a few minutes ago."

I nodded, staying silent. For the rest of lunch, I picked at my food, losing my appetite. My mind is racing one hundred miles per second. Once the bell rang, I, gladly, threw my plate away.

"I have to stop by my locker to grab my book," I told Brent as we left the cafeteria.

"Okay. Whatcha doing Saturday?" He asked me, throwing an arm over my shoulder.

"I'm hanging out with Leah then I'm practicing with the boys for the battle of the bands," I said, leaning closer to him.

"That sounds cool. What about Sunday?"

I shrugged,"Nothing, according to my brain planner. Why?"

"I was thinking, and we haven't went on a date in a while. I thought we could go have lunch and go to the flea market in the city. Are you up for it?"

I smiled,"I'd love to."

He smiled back, but it turned into a frown as he looked ahead of us. I looked back in front of us to see a large crowd circling where my locker is at.

"Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me," I repeated over and over until I got to my locker.

When I reached it through the large crowd of people, I froze. I couldn't believe what was wrote on my locker.

With black paint, somebody painted YOU'RE NEXT!

Everybody around me was taking pictures and whispering to their friends. My brothers and the girls arrived, taking in the scene before them.

"Everybody go! And if I see any of this on social media, I will beat all of your asses!" Brent yelled as he tried to reach for me.

Everybody scrambled, scared of Brent. When he reached me, I stepped back. My lip trembled, angrily.

"Campbell," Nick said, quietly, taking a step closer to me. I held my hand up, and he took a step back.

I opened my locker, and I grabbed my book I needed for class. Then I slammed it shut, trying to not let it bother me.

"Let's get to class. I don't want to be tardy," I said before walking away from the locker.

"Campbell–..." Brent started but I cut him off.

"Guys, I'm fine. It's just some harmless prank. Please, can we just go to class?" I asked, pushing hair out of my face.

Hesitantly, they followed behind me. It was just some harmless prank, that's all. I'm not going to let it get to me.

God, I hope Mom doesn't find out about this or else she'll tell my new therapist.I'm not looking forward to that either.

I already see that it's going to be a long day.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys! I know this chapter is short and bad, but the next chapter will be a filler.

Thoughts on this chapter?

Question: Outside or inside?

⭐️ Vote & Comment ⭐️

•Kensli•