Ch. 15 - Vanessa's Best Friend

I WOKE UP TO MY PHONE RINGING, loudly, on my nightstand

I WOKE UP TO MY PHONE RINGING, loudly, on my nightstand. I groaned as I rolled over. I picked it up, and I answered, not paying attention to the Caller I.D.

"Whoever this is better have a good reason to wake me up at 8:30 on a Saturday morning."

"Good morning to you, too, princess," Brent's voice said with a little laugh.

"You're in a good mood," I said, sitting up in my bed.

"Since I don't have to dress up like a fairy or a princess today, I'm more than happy," Brent said, reminding me that today is Vanessa's play date.

"Oh yeah. What time is that?" I asked him.

"Around 3, but as of right now I'm going with Xavier and Vanessa to Waffle House. Undoubtedly, Xavier has some huge news he wants to tell us," Brent replied, and I heard tv in the background.

"What about your parents?"

When Brent's parents came back after they just got up and left, Brent went off like a bomb. After that, they decided to stay at home and work in the city.

"They have meetings all day, but they'll be back around dinner."

"Come on, Breny!" Vanessa's voice yelled in the background.

"I let you go. I'll see you later," I said as I threw the blanket off of me.

"Okay. Love you," Brent said.

"Love you too," I said before the phone call ended.

I tossed my phone on the bed as I stood up. I stretched before walking to my bathroom. I used the restroom–washing my hands afterwards–before turning the shower. I stripped out of my clothes before stepping into the warm water.

My mind traveled back to last night. After everything happened, I told Brent–who wanted to murder somebody, but I got him to calm down when we got to my house.

I washed my hair and my body before stepping out with a towel wrapped around me. I brushed my teeth before walking into my closet to grab clothes for today. I picked out a black pair of shorts and a sleeveless red crop top. I threw a white hoodie over it before brushing out my hair.

Then I walked downstairs to hear Gavin talking. I looked around the corner, in the living room, to see Gavin's back to me. He was on the phone also.

"Madison, I wish you would have told me before you posted that picture," Gavin said, anger lacing his voice.

I heard mumbling on the other side, and I quietly left them to talk. I didn't want to invade Gavin's personal space. I did that with Gaberial and it almost cost us our friendship.

I walked, quietly, into the kitchen to fix myself breakfast. I decided to make grilled cheese so I grabbed all of the ingredients, and I laid them out on the counter.