Ch. 29 - Summer

AFTER A LONG AND STRESSFUL week, it is finally Saturday

AFTER A LONG AND STRESSFUL week, it is finally Saturday. I'm suppose to hang out with Leah today around lunch to four o'clock.

Don't worry I'm not going to drive. Brent was going to drive me around today since Leah already knows him. I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable if it was one of the boys or my parents driving.

I was getting ready for today when Gavin entered my room with a pout.

"What's wrong?" I asked him as I finished tying my shoe.

"Madison. I miss her so much," he said, falling backwards on my bed.

"Homecoming dance is two weeks from today. So only fourteen days until you two see each other," I said, ruffling his hair.

"Fourteen days seems like forever, though," Gavin groaned, sitting up.

"I would give you advice, but I never done long distance so I have no clue on how you are feeling," I told him, walking over to my jewelry box.

"You will soon enough though. I mean, Brent is more than likely going to Tennessee, and wherever you go will still be hours away," Gavin said, making me freeze.

"Brent and I haven't talked about that yet," I mumbled, but I knew he heard me.

"I'm sorry, Cam. I didn't mean to mess up your mood," Gavin said but I waved him off.

"You didn't mess up my mood," I replied, smiling to prove to him that I'm okay.

"What are you and Leah going to do today?" Gavin asked as I clipped a bracelet onto my wrist.

"She likes to play soccer so I figured we go to the park and play after we eat lunch. Then if she wants to, we will come back here so I can practice with you guys," I answered, looking back him to see him getting off my bed.

"Well, I hope you two have fun. Are you sure that you don't want us to come with you to Grace's house? We don't mind."

I shook my head,"Thank you, but no. I can do it. It will only be a few moments with her."

He walked over to me, and he gave me a hug before saying,"If you need anything, just give me a call."

I nodded,"Always."

After we broke apart, he walked out of my room, leaving me alone. I did he's getting ready before grabbing my phone and my wallet. I made my way downstairs to see Dad walking in the door.

"I'm heading over to Leah's house. I'll be back around around three," I told him as I stopped on the last stair.

"Okay. Be careful. Love you, and if you need anything, please call," Dad told me, making me nod once more.

"I will. Love you too," I replied before walking out the door.

Brent's car was parked by the sidewalk, as usual. I climbed into the passenger seat before shutting the door behind me.