Ch. 23 - Reality

FOR THE LAST THIRTY MINUTES, I have been running around like a headless chicken trying to keep our house intact

I tried to get them to leave, but nothing is working. My brothers were outside, trying to make sure they don't destroy anything. Then the girls were trying to keep the house clean, but it's harder than it sounds.

Who told them there was a party here?

Then it clicked in my head. Maya. I haven't seen her all day, and that's unusual for her especially since Brent is over here.

I looked around, looking for her. That's when I saw her handing Clary a red solo cup. I stormed over to her, and I snatched the cup from her hand.

"What the hell?" Maya asked, gaping at me.

"Get all of these people out now. I know you were the one who told them there was a party here," I ordered, beyond angry with her.

"Technically, I invited Clary and Naomi over. Then Clary invited a few people and so did Naomi. It's only a few people. Calm down," Maya explained, titling her head.

"Calm down?! There is at least sixty people here!" I yelled at her as my temper went through the roof.

"And? That's not my problem. This is not my house," Maya said before walking around me.

I grabbed her upper arm, sending her twirling back to face me. Her lips were turned into a scowl, and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Get these people out or I'll call Mom to get them out. Your decision," I told her before letting go of her arm.

I started to walk away when Maya yelled, "She's not even your mother!" The music was cut off, and everybody's attention was on us.

"What did you just say?" I asked her, turning back to face her.

She took a step closer to me. "You heard me. You are just some pathetic girl who has mommy and daddy issues. You are nothing, Campbell West. You don't deserve this family. You don't deserve Brent. You should have died that night you're father went to jail."

Before I even knew what I was doing, I tackled her to the ground. She fell on the ground, and I sat on top of her. I punched her before I was lifted off of her.

"Let me go!" I exclaimed as I tried to get back at Maya.

"Campbell, calm down," Brent whispered in my ear as he dragged me upstairs. I heard Elliot yelling for everybody to get out, but the ringing in my ears were louder.

I let Brent drag me to my bedroom. He set me on the bed before looking at my knuckles.

They were already turning purple. It doesn't hurt right now, but it's just because of the adrenaline rush.

"Let me go get you some ice. Stay right here," Brent said before walking out of my room.

I stayed where I was, thinking about what just happened. I punched Maya. Holy crap, I just punched Maya.