Ch. 36 - Guilt

I STAYED HOME THURSDAY due to me being sore, but Friday, I was up and moving like normal

I STAYED HOME THURSDAY due to me being sore, but Friday, I was up and moving like normal. My ankle had a brace on it, so it was easier to walk around.

I looked at myself one more time in the mirror. I had on blue jeans with a peach orange t-shirt that is knotted up at the bottom with a pair of black shoes. My hair was down, and it was in its natural state.

I also had on a lot of makeup to hide the bruises around my neck and my face. After looking at my reflection for a few minutes, I grabbed my things then walked out of my room.

"Do you need help?" Gavin asked me as I slowly made my way down the stairs.

I nodded,"Yes."

He, gently, grabbed my arm, and he helped me down the stairs. I thanked him as we walked into the kitchen.

The sun was shiny through the glass, making the whole kitchen light up. It's suppose to be in the eighties today, but I'm wearing pants and a white shirt with a red and black flannel over it.

"Are you exicted about Madison coming next weekend?" I asked Gavin, grabbing the orange juice out of the fridge.

He nodded, sheepishly,"Yeah. She says she has some great news. She won't tell me until she is face to face with me."

"Well, that's wonderful. I know how much you miss her," I said, pouring the orange juice in the glass.

Summer came running around the corner, and she slid against the ground. Instead of stopping, she slid right into the wall.

I laughed, but soon stopped when the bruises around my stomach started to hurt.

"Do you want some medicine?" Gavin asked, noticing my posture.

I shook my head,"I'm okay. It's just the bruises."

"You know, if you don't want to go to school, you can always stay home," Gavin offered, fixing himself a bowl of cereal.

"I'm going to school," I replied before taking a sip of my juice.

Gavin nodded, but he didn't say anything. Within a few minutes the rest of the house made its way to the kitchen. Mom was the last person down, holding her stomach.

"Campbell, are we still going homecoming dress shopping this weekend?" Mom asked me as I put my glass in the sink.

I nodded,"Yes that is still the plan."

She looked at me concern, but she didn't say anything. I looked at my cracked phone to see Brent sent a text saying he will be here in just a minute.

"Brent is almost here. Bye guys," I said, grabbing my bag.

"Bye, sweetie, and if you are hurting anytime today, just give me a call," Mom said before kissing my forehead.

"I will if I need to. I promise," I promised her with a tight smile.