Ch. 20 - Sparks

"NOW, CAN SOMEONE explain what on earth happen out in the courtyard?" Mr

"NOW, CAN SOMEONE explain what on earth happen out in the courtyard?" Mr. Ivers asked, clasping his hands on the desk together.

We all started talking at once to the point nobody could understand done another.

"Enough! Miss Cade, you can go first," Mr. Ivers said, pointing at me.

I took a deep breath before telling him everything that happened out in the courtyard.

"Mr. Mason, what were you and Mr. Cade doing out of class?" Mr Ivers asked Brent who was sitting next to me.

"Campbell told me she would be back in a few minutes, but I started to get worried when she still didn't show up ten minutes later. We told our teacher that we had to use the restroom. That's when we saw Campbell and Micheal," Brent explained his side of the story.

"And your first instinct was to fight them?"

Nick cleared his throat,"We didn't really fight them. We just pulled them off of Campbell and Micheal. If anything you should be asking why they told my brother to go kill himself."

"I was getting there. The three boys will be punished. Now–..."

He was cut off by the door being slammed open revealing Mom and Dad. They had panicked look on their faces.

"Mr. and Mrs. Cade, I'm glad that you have arrived," Mr. Ivers said with a nod.

"What happened? On the phone, your assistant said that there was a fight and Micheal is getting bullied," Mom asked, clearly confused by it all.

Micheal wasn't in the room. He was in the nurse's office getting an ice pack for his cheek.

Mr. Ivers filled them all in about the fight, and to say they were mad was an understatement.

"And as I was about to tell Campbell before you arrived, since she slapped one of them, she must serve detention for three days starting Monday," Me Ivers finished, making my mouth drop open.

"They were telling my brother to kill himself and Mark was hurting him. What did you want me to do?" I blurted out before I could stop myself.

"Look, just take it. I could kick you off the volleyball and soccer team. Brent and Nick will not do detention since they didn't throw any punched or slaps," Mr. Ivers said.

"I'll take the detention," I mumbled, tapping my foot on the ground.

"What is going to happen with the three boys?" Dad asked, rubbing his hands together.

"I will talk to their parents, and the all three will be suspended. This is their only warning. If Micheal continues to get bullied, they will be expelled. I do not enjoy bullying at my school, and if I knew sooner, I would have put a stop to it.

And as of Micheal, I don't want to play tonight with his mind clouded. He's not kicked off or anything, but he just doesn't need to play tonight."

"Thank you, Mr. Ivers," Mom thanked him before gesturing us to leave the office.