Ch. 22 - Pool Hangout

"GET UP," somebody said, making me groan

I rolled over, and I snuggled deeper into my pillow. The person who was trying to wake me up walked away, and I smiled.

Next thing I know is that I'm soaking wet in freezing water. I shot straight up, and I heard laughing.

I looked to see Nick in my room, holding an empty bucket. I narrowed my eyes at him, making him stop laughing.

"Shit," he mumbled before running out of my room.

I chased after him–which was extremely hard since he has longer legs and he is a football player. He darted into the kitchen.

"Nick, what did you do?" I heard Brent say in the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen, scowling. Nick let out a squeal before holding Brent in front of him like a shield.

"Save me from your girlfriend," Nick told Brent who just laughed.

The twins were on their phones, but they set them down to watch the scene in front of them. Micheal and Elliot were nowhere to be seen.

"I'm going to murder you!" I exclaim before throwing myself at Nick. Brent grabbed my arms, gently, holding me in place while Nick stayed behind him.

"Princess, you need to calm down. What happened?" Brent asked me, softly, looking me directly in the eyes.

"This fool drenched me in freezing cold water!" I exclaimed, pointing at Nick.

"You wouldn't wake up! You rolled over! Didn't you want to see your bae?" Nick asked me, trying not to push my buttons.

"Babe, I can't let you hurt him. You'll regret it later."

"Fine then no kisses or cuddles for you for a whole week!" I threatened, making him gulp. He let of my arms, and he moved out of my way.

"What?!" Nick exclaimed, looking at me then at Brent.

"Sorry, bro. I can't handle a week without kisses or cuddles," Brent apologized with a hesitant look on his face.

"You were suppose to have my back!" Nick complained, backing up to the sliding door.

"Well, I guess you could say this is payback for the chemistry lab incident," Brent replied, making the twins laugh.

That happened on my first day of school in Midville. I will never forget that memory.

Nick opened the sliding door before running outside. I followed him, and Nick was backing up slowly, facing me.

"We can always talk this over a nice big lunch. I will buy you gummy bears and coffee for the next year," Nick offered, stopping right on the edge of the pool ledge. "Just don't hit the face."