Ch. 40 - Homecoming

"CAMPBELL," Madison's voice said before I felt her poke me in the cheek

"CAMPBELL," Madison's voice said before I felt her poke me in the cheek. "Campbell."

I groaned, rolling over so my back faces her. I snuggled deeper into my pillow, trying to go back to sleep.

"I brought you coffee," Madison taunted, trying to get me out of the bed.

I cracked an eye open, and I rolled back over. I looked at her, and she had a plastic cup with coffee in it. I really want that coffee.

"Fine, you win," I huffed before throwing the blanket off of me.

She didn't give me the coffee until I stood up. When she handed me the coffee, I thanked her before taking a sip of it.

"We have lots to do today," Madison exclaimed with a bright smile.

"What's today?" I asked, rubbing my neck.

She gasped, dramatically,"It's homecoming! We have to start getting ready around one so we can take pictures and eat dinner at seven, and the dance is at nine."

"And you decided to wake me up at ten o'clock," I mumbled under my breath.

"Well, I know after the game last night, we were all exhausted, so I let you guys sleep in," Madison said as she walked over to my door.

Memories of last night flooded my head. We won the game by fourteen points, and afterwards, we went to eat at the diner. Then we came back here, and we watched movies.

"Is everybody still here?" I asked, looking around for Brent.

"Brent and Maya left two hours ago," Madison said, making my blood run cold.

Don't get me wrong, Maya and I are friends, but I still have my worries.

"Together?" I asked her, making Madison turn around to face me.

She shook her head,"No. Brent had to go home because of his parents, and Maya went to go get a coffee and go get her nails done."

I sighed in relief. I'm just overreacting, and I need to calm down before I make assumptions. Clary must have really got into my head Thursday if I'm acting like this.

"Okay," I replied before we walked downstairs. Nick and Nichole were still asleep on the couch, laying on top of each other.

Gaberial and Hailey were on the floor, awake, but they were talking to each other.

I don't see Micheal and Jordan anywhere nor Gavin. They must be up and walking around here somewhere.

"Where's everybody else?" I asked Madison as we walked into the kitchen.

"Gavin is in his room asleep, and Micheal and Jordan are outside."

I nodded before placing my coffee on the counter. Madison walked out of the kitchen to wake up Nichole once more, and I looked out of the sliding door to see Jordan laughing about something.