Ch. 24 - Numb

AND THAT'S HOW WE landed in Orlando, Florida that night

AND THAT'S HOW WE landed in Orlando, Florida that night. My brothers and my parent are with me, but I still feel lonely.

I haven't cried or thrown things. I just feel numb.

Is this how I'm suppose to feel?

Everybody was acting like I was glass; about to shatter at any second. Brent wanted to come with me, but his parents wouldn't let him.

I feel bad because Anna and Elliot had to be away from each other, and I know how much they kissed each other. They both said that it was totally fine, but I couldn't help but feel guilty.

I laid in the hotel bed, staring at the ceiling. I don't know how long I laid there. When the sun started to rise, I went to use the restroom.

All the boys were asleep either in the other bed or on the couch. Nick was asleep on the floor. I was suppose to share a room with Micheal, but they all decided to come stay with me to make me feel better even though I told them I will be fine.

I quietly crept to the bathroom, trying my best not to ask them. Once I was in the bathroom, I used the restroom. I washed my hands after I was finished.

That's when I looked at myself in the mirror. There was bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep. My face looks neutral, like I don't have emotions. I look rough.

I unlocked the door, and I went back to my bed. I picked up my phone from the bottom of the bed. I haven't even looked at it since we arrived.

The Gurls
M: I'm so sorry about your Dad. If you need anything call us.
A:We love you, Campbell.
H: We miss you.
J: I pray that he will make a full recovery.
N: Please let us know any updates. We will keep him in our thoughts.

Brent also texted me eight times asking if we landed, how I was doing, and stuff like that. I haven't really talked to him since Saturday night.

I was about to shut my phone off when I received another message from a random number.

I'm so sorry about your Dad. I wish I could be there. I love you, Campbell. This is your mother.

I switched my phone off and I tossed it back to it's original spot on the bed. I really don't want to think about her right now. All I want to focus on is my father.

In four hours, I will be visiting my father in the hospital. Just the thought made me want to throw up. We might have a difficult relationship, but I don't want my father injured in the hospital.

I hugged the blanket closer to me as I waited for everybody else to get up.

I laid there for two more hours until everybody was awake and ready to go get breakfast.

I changed into one of Brent's sweatshirts and a pair of black shorts. I threw my hair into a messy bun before brushing my teeth. I put on my shoes before following the boys to our parents' room which was across from us.