Ch. 32 - Jaxon Knight

HOLDING THE GUMMY BEARS  in my hands, my father and I walked outside of the store

HOLDING THE GUMMY BEARS in my hands, my father and I walked outside of the store. I walked to my side of my car when I heard a shout. I peered around the car, but my body was hidden by the metal.

"Where is my money?" The man declared, clearly angry at my father.

"I will have it by next week, I swear," my father said, and the man laughed.

"You think I'm stupid?" The man asked.

"No, Drew, I don't. I just don't have it right now," my father said, calmly.

"That's too bad, Chase," the man said, pulling something out of his pocket.

It was a gun.

I was frozen, scared to death. My father backed up with his hands up in surrender.

"Please don't do this, Drew," my father begged.

"Goodbye, Chase."

He was going to shoot my father. I knew I was to stay behind the vehicle, but my legs had a mind of its own.

"Dad?!" I cried, coming around the vehicle.

"Campbell, run," my father told me.

The man looked at me, then back at my father. He was thinking about something, but he didn't put the gun down.

Instead, he aimed it at me. He was going to shoot me. I was frozen in my spot, tears were streaming down my face.

Suddenly, the man's face changed into Jax. I looked around to see that we weren't in the parking lot anymore. We were in a dark room, alone.

He gave me an evil smirk before pushing the trigger.

"No!"

"No!" I screamed as my eyes popped open.

I looked around the room to see that I was in my bedroom alone. Sweat was dripping down my forehead, and I felt sick to my stomach.

I picked my phone up from the nightstand table, and I read the time. 6:42 A.M. I still have an hour before I have to leave the house.

I got out of my bed, and I walked to my desk. I grabbed my MacBook before getting back into my bed. I opened it, almost burning my eyes due to the brightness.

After my eyes adjusted to the screen, I went to Google search bar. I typed in Jax Larson. There had to be something with him from his past....

There is nothing about him. The only Jax Larson is an old man.

I sat there for a moment before it came rushing to me.

"He already had a son and he had a daughter on the way."