Lesson 2

💧Ramadhân is the month of ikhlâs, the month of sincerity

💧Ikhlâs has an important position in every act a Muslim does; and it based on his intention and sincerity whether that deed will be accepted or not.

💧The Qur'ân repeatedly mentions worship along with ikhlâs; without it, you will not benefit any and your worship will not be accepted.

💧The salaf put such an emphasis on ikhlâs that one scholar said that he wished that among the scholars of fiqh was one who taught only ikhlâs in the people's intentions.

💧Many people went astray because they lost their ikhlâs in their intentions.

💧Whoever does the actions of the âkhirah for the sake of the dunyâ will have no share of the âkhirah.

💧Ikhlas is to single out Allâh in your intention of doing good deeds and to purify your deeds of all things that would invalidate them; doing them to be seen or praised by the people instead of for Allâh's pleasure.

💧Among the seven people who will receive Allâh's shade is the one who gave sadaqah and hid it to the point that his left did not know what his right gave; this is a prime example of hiding your deeds for the sake of Allâh.

💧Protect your deeds from being seen and commented on to the point that you hide it from yourself.

💧Actions without ikhlâs or following the Prophet's guidance is like a traveler filling his bags with sand; it is heavy and does not benefit him any.

💧Nothing came down from the heavens better and more powerful than tawfeeq and nothing rose up from the earth better and more powerful than ikhlâs.

💧A small action will be made great by the intention and a great action will become nothing based on the intention.

💧A righteous action is that which is in accordance with the sunnah and done sincerely for Allâh.