Lesson 12

💧Ramadhân is the month of submission to Allâh and His commands, for it is the month of developing taqwa

💧There is no limb of a person's body except that limb has a fast (sawm) to keep in and outside of Ramadhân; fasting of the tongue is refraining from speech except for thikr and what is good and beneficial, the fasting of the ear is refraining from listening to falsehood and harâm, and fasting of the eyes is to refrain from looking at what has been forbidden.

💧Sawm in Arabic means to refrain from something; we should always be fasting from sins and falsehood.

💧Fasting in Ramadhân trains us to refrain from desires in general.

💧A Bedouin said: They fast from doing good and break their fast on immortality; this is an example of people who fast merely from food and drink during the day, sleep all day, and do no good, and when night comes, they break their fast and go in search of harâm.

💧The believer should break his fast on what is good and continue his fasting from sins into the night.

💧The Qur'ân commands the Muslims to immediately answer the call of Allâh and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allâh be upon him), by obeying what is commanded of them; but many do not answer the call.

💧The sahâbah were always quick and immediate to answer; when the verse forbidding the consumption of alcoholic drink was revealed, they immediately poured it out from their vessels, though they were habituated to drinking, but many Muslims today drink without consideration.