Lesson 6

💧Generosity (al-jood) is more general than sadaqah; it is giving the right thing to the right person

💧Generosity is giving a lot and giving without being asked.

💧Giving when asked is kindness, not generosity.

💧The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) was the most generous of people; and he was the most generous in Ramadhân.

💧Jibreel (عليه السلام ) would revise the Qur'ân with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) during Ramadhân; and when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) met Jibreel (عليه السلام) he was more generous than the wind.

💧Seven different types of evil that could happen to the believer are lifted by giving sadaqah; sadaqah wipes away sins like water.

💧Sadaqah is the greatest symbol of generosity.

💧'Abdullâh ibn 'Umar (رضي الله عنه) gave sugar in charity because of the verse that stated righteousness is not achieved until the believer spends of what he loves.

💧Generosity is shown by giving from what one loves and needs.

💧Allâh commands to give sadaqah from what He has provided; he does not ask for sadaqah from what a person does not have.

💧The deceased person will regret not giving sadaqah.

💧It is preferred for a person to increase in their generosity in Ramadhân; it is following the guidance of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) and the people are in need of generosity during Ramadhân, for they are so busy in their acts of worship they neglect their financial needs.

💧Allâh has certain people among his creation that he created to see to the needs of his servants; there are people on this earth whose worship is helping and serving other people.

💧Allâh loves noble manners.

💧Not a day passes but that two angels descend and one makes du'â for Allâh to replace what is spent for the one who gives sadaqah and other makes du'â for destruction upon the one who is stingy.

💧When the dunyâ comes to you, spend from it, for it will not decrease; and if it turns away, spend, for the dunyâ is only temporary.

💧Spending and giving from the dunyâ will not decrease it; if it turns away from you, spending from it will be a replacement that will replenish what was lost.