Lesson 21

💧Ramadhân is a time to safeguard our time, for time is one of the important blessings of Allâh, so much so that he swore by it in the Qur‘ân to highlight its importance

💧Wasting time is from the signs of destruction; the one who doesn’t value or benefit from his time is one with low values.

💧One cannot count the blessings of Allâh, and time is one of the greatest blessings.

💧Of the blessings of Allâh are two that people are heedless of and don’t realize their value: Time and health.

💧During this pandemic, many people now have a lot of free time at home. They have time to study, to reflect, to spend time with their families; and this time should be utilized as best as possible.

💧One should strive to not be one of the people who wasted his time and becomes regretful on the Day of Judgement; wasting time will be one of the regrets of the people who come before Allâh.

💧The beating of your heart is telling you that this life is seconds and minutes; so raise yourself before death comes to you, and benefit yourself with your time.

💧A scholar of the salaf known for being busy passed by a group of people playing and said: If only time could be bought and sold, then I would buy time from them.

💧As day and night pass by, they take from you, so benefit from them. The wise person does not let day and night take away and not take away anything from them.

💧Hasan AlBasrî said: I have met a group of people who are so stingy on their time as you are stingy with your wealth.

💧Some of the scholars of the salaf, when people tried to talk to them, they would say, “Can you stop the sun or the moon (ie time)?” Their time was too precious for them to stop for even a few minutes.

💧Forsaking time and wasting it is worse than death;  because wasting time will disconnect you from benefiting the dunyâ and from Allâh on the Day of Judgment, and as for death, it will disconnect you from the dunyâ and its people.

💧The one who has wasted his time will not benefit himself, the dunyâ, or his âkhirah.
One should prioritize and utilize his time; make a schedule so that one benefits from the time he has. There is time to worship, time to study, time to relax.

💧One of the salaf would not eat bread but only the crumbs and then drink water after it; and when asked why, he said: Between the time of eating bread and eating the crumbs is fifty verses I can recite.

💧A poem says: O you who has allowed time to go, why smile at what you do not have? That time will not come back. And what you have lost from that time will not be brought back to you. You have wasted your time in things that are not beneficial for you. The actions you waste your time with now will be a cause for regret one day.

💧One who has previously wasted his time should not regret and mourn over what has already passed; rather, he should strive to rectify himself and become one who utilizes rather than wastes it.

💧Utilizing and benefiting time doesn’t mean not having enjoyment or relaxation; the believer should organize his time, hour by hour, and give everything its time.

💧Allâh has a right over his servant, his family has a right, his soul has a right, so everyone should receive their right of his time.