Lesson 9

💧There are numerous virtues of fasting, in Ramadhân and fasting in general

💧Every action of the son of Âdam is for himself and fasting is for Allâh, for which He will reward as He sees fit.

💧The odor of the fasting person is more beloved to Allâh than the smell of musk.

💧Fasting is more virtuous than martyrdom, for the smell of the blood of the martyr is like musk and the odor of a fasting person is more beloved than musk.

💧Fasting is a shield from the fire; it protects a person from internal sin in the dunyâ and protects him from punishment in the âkhirah.

💧Anyone who fasts a day for the sake of Allâh will have his face distanced from the fire by 70 years; daily, groups of people are saved and freed from the destination of the fire during Ramadhân.

💧Anyone who fasts will be called through the door of ar-Rayyân; it is called by ar-Rayyân, for fasting requires patience on thirst and ar-Rayyân comes from the Arabic root meaning thirst.

💧The one who is fasting and dies while fasting, with perfected tawheed and doing so purely for Allâh's sake, will enter Jannah without punishment.

💧When fasting, three types of patience are required; patience on fasting from sins, patience in obedience to Allâh, and patience in the face of calamities.