Lesson 25

💧Ramadhân is a time for fear and hope; the believer should  worship Allâh between a state of hope and fear

💧The awliyâ of Allâh (the prophets and the righteous) were described as being between hope, fear, and love in their relationship with Allâh; those are the elements that should exist in every believer.

💧The prophets called upon Allâh in both hope and fear.

💧The heart on its journey to Allâh is like a bird; loving Allâh is the head of the bird and fear and hope are the two wings. When the head and the wings are healthy, the bird is able to fly well; when the head is cut off, the bird will die; and whenever one of the two wings is lost, the bird becomes prey for every hunter.

💧The Muslim has to balance between fear and hope; being relaxed and too hopeful in that he doesn’t strive to do good and thinks every sin he commits will be forgiven lacks fear and feeling despair that he will never be forgiven and become one of the dwellers of the hellfire lacks hope.

💧A person who is healthy and able to strive to do good actions should incline toward fear to push him on; and person who is sick and struggling to do the basic obligations should incline toward hope.

💧Hope and fear should be adjusted according to the situation, just as the bird’s wings are adjusted in flight according to the wind.

💧A person should never be in despair and believe he will not be forgiven or attain Jannah nor should he be so hopeful of Allâh’s mercy that he becomes lazy in doing righteous actions and careless in committing sins.

💧What is obligatory upon the Muslim is not to feel despair or to feel safe that nothing will happen to them; rather, they should be between hope and fear, because Allâh rebuked those who feel safe and rebuked those who feel despair.

💧No one should feel safe from His punishment as a consequence of their actions nor despair from his mercy when they seek His forgiveness.

💧A believer does acts of obedience while in a state of trembling fear, fearing his deeds will not be accepted; and the wicked person does evil deeds believing nothing that will happen to them as a consequence.

💧In Ramadhân, there are reasons to be hopeful and scared.

💧Cursed is the one who Ramadhân enters upon and leaves without the person achieving forgiveness.

💧When the month of Ramadhân enters, the shayateen are chained, the doors of Jahannam are closed and not a single one is open, the doors of Jannah are open and not a single one is closed; and a caller calls out, “O doer of good, come forward; o doer of evil, desist.” And Allâh has people he frees from the fire every single night in the month of Ramadhân.

💧Every night and every day is a chance to be one of those who are saved; the Muslim will hope to be among them and fear that he won’t, for he knows Allâh only accepts from the righteous.

💧Ramadhân is a time between hope, fear, and love of Allâh.

💧When in despair is the time to hope and when you become confident is the time to fear.