Lesson 7

💧The purpose of fasting is to increase taqwâ

💧Fasting is compulsory.

💧Fasting was obligatory upon previous nations.

💧When asked why they're fasting, some people will talk about the health benefits; this is not the purpose of fasting and should not be the intention behind it.

💧Man was created to worship Allâh, and he was commanded to worship to attain taqwâ.

💧Taqwâ is to act in obedience of Allâh and the act of obedience is based on the Qur'ân and sunnah in hope of reward from Allâh and it is also to leave sins based on the Qur'ân and sunnah in fear of Allâh's punishment.

💧It is the people of taqwâ who will inherit Jannah.

💧The only people who will be saved from the fire are the people of taqwâ.

💧Taqwâ comes from the heart.

💧Taqwâ is to fear Allâh, to do good deeds that align with the Qur'ân and sunnah, to be content with what Allâh has blessed you with, and to prepare for the day of judgement.

💧Taqwâ is not by fasting by the day, praying at night, or mixing the two; it is to avoid what is prohibited and to do what is obligatory, and the one who is favored with it has been given good with good.

💧Taqwâ summarizes the concept of Islâm - do what is wâjib and avoid what is harâm.

💧Allâh connected both verses on fasting to manifestation of taqwâ.