Lesson 17

💧There is a relationship between fasting and patience; Ramadhân is the month of patience, and the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) described it as “Shahr as-Sabr

💧There is a relationship between fasting and patience; Ramadhân is the month of patience, and the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) described it as “Shahr as-Sabr.”

💧Fasting the month of Ramadhân and three days of every month will keep away the whispers of Shaytân.

💧Patience is of different types; patience by staying away from lawful desires when fasting (food, drink, and intercourse with one’s spouse), patience by guarding the tongue even when insulted, patience by striving to stay away from harâm, and patience on sticking to what Allâh has made compulsory.

💧Patience is three types: Patience on obedience of Allâh, patience on turning away from sins, and patience on calamities one goes through in life.

💧A person has not been given anything greater than patience.

💧Patience is two; patience when calamity befalls, and better than that is patience on sins (by turning away from what the nafs is inclined to).

💧One of the salaf said: To be patient upon the obedience of Allâh is easier than being patient upon the punishment of Allâh.

💧Patience is one of the treasures of good. Allâh will not give it except to an honorable, righteous servant.

💧Allâh will reward the people of patience without any accountability. The reward is not mentioned; and when Allâh says He will reward a people, the expectations are very high.

💧Allâh’s treasures have no end.

💧Every good deed, it’s reward is known, except patience; Allâh has taken it upon Himself to reward those who are patient.

💧Ramadhân is the time to strive and strengthen one’s patience.