Lesson 14

💧Ramadhân is the time for correcting and purifying your nafs; the one who purifies his soul is successful and the one who allows his soul to go astray to follow the base desires is like cattle or even more misguided

💧Fasting is for Allâh; He rewards for it because His servant leaves his food and drink and his desires for His sake.

💧Fasting is a shield; it protects from harmful desires.

💧Fasting is the bridle of taqwa, the shield of those who fight, the exercise of the righteous, and it is for the Lord of the Worlds uniquely among all the other actions, because the fasting person doesn't actually do anything; rather, he is the one who leaves his desires for the sake of the One he worships; it is leaving what the soul loves in order to put the love of Allâh ahead of his desires and it is a secret between the servant and his Lord and no one else can see it.

💧Though the people can be aware that one is fasting when he refuses food and drink and says he is fasting, they cannot see that he left his food, drink, and desires purely for the sake of Allâh; that is only what Allâh can see.

💧Fasting has the most wondrous affect on preserving the limbs and a person's internal strength and power; it preserves the righteousness of the heart and limbs and keeps them healthy.

💧Fasting is the greatest of means to achieve taqwa; it cuts off desire and purifies the nafs, and in leaving the desires which are halâl, it trains the heart to leave those which are harâm.