Lesson 23

💧There is a strong bond between fasting and courage; it is not a month of weakness because of fasting from food and drink

Many great battles of Islâm took place in Ramadhân.

💧In the first year after the hijrah, the expedition of Saif al-Bahrî, under the leadership of Hamzah ibn ’Abdul Muttalib, took place in Ramadhân; it was the first time the sahâbah went out to fight, but the armies did not meet and no fight occurred.

💧The greatest battle of Islâm al-Badr took place in Ramadhân in the second year of the hijrah; it was a battle that showed the true essence of bravery and courage and was the first time the believers and disbelievers fought.

💧The third battle that took place was on the eighth year after hijrah and it was the conquest of Makkah, led by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allâh be upon him) himself, and it was the of the greatest victory of Islâm.

💧In the ninety second year after hijrah, al-Andalus was conquered by Bârak AzZîyâd.

💧In the year 583 A.H., Salâhuddîn AlAyyûbî took Bayt al-Muqdis from the Crusaders.

💧In the year 658 A.H., a battle against the Mongolians took place.

💧In 857 A.H., Constantinople was conquered under Sultan Muhammad al-Fâtîh.

💧In the year of 1213 A.H., the seige of Napoleon took place.

💧Ramadhân did not stop the believers from fighting and fasting; it is the month of striving, lifting oneself up, and working hard.