Lesson 29

💧As Ramadhân ends, the believer must work hard and put his utmost concentration in having his deeds accepted; and one way to do that is by frequently making istighfâr, for Allâh commanded making istighfâr after doing good deeds

💧Allâh said: Whatever you put forward for yourselves of good, you will find it with Allâh, and you will find it with Allâh to be better and greater in reward; and seek the forgiveness of Allâh.

💧Imâm AsSa’dî said, “As for Allâh commanding us to make istighfâr after encouraging us to do acts of obedience and good, this has a huge benefit; that is that a person will not cease to have done this act (of good) without some deficiency in what they were commanded to do, so the servant was commanded to patch it up by making istighfâr, because the servant commits sins throughout the day and night, so if a person is not showered with Allâh’s forgiveness, they are destroyed.”

💧Every good that the believer has done, there will be deficiency in it, for no one is able to do it perfectly without any shortcomings at all, so one should ask Allâh for forgiveness to fix the shortcomings in his deeds.

💧What the believer has done in Ramadhân is not perfect; all of it will have shortcomings, and nothing would be accepted from the people if not for Allâh’s mercy and forgiveness, for every good deed they have done is imperfect and deficient.

💧Actions are judged by their endings, so complete Ramadhân with a good ending so that it may be accepted; do not neglect the last nights of Ramadhân because the twenty-seventh night has passed, as some people do.

💧One should race to answer the call of Allâh by obeying his commands.

💧Imâm AsSa’dî said, “Beware that you refuse the command of Allâh when it first comes to you and so Allâh seals the path between you and between Him when you need Allâh after that and your hearts differ.”

💧The believer will continue to need Allâh after Ramadhân, so he should be quick to answer His call and His commands, lest a barrier be placed between his heart and Allâh, blocking him from Allâh when he needs Him.

💧Allâh accepts from the muttaqeen, the people of taqwâ; this is an âyah that should scare the believer, for no one can truly say he is one of them.

💧The one of taqwâ is the one who stays away from all Allâh has prohibited and follows all he has been commanded, but everyone falls short.
Ibn ’Umar (may Allâh be pleased with him) said to his son, “My son, if I knew Allâh one sajdah from me or one dirham in sadaqah from me, there is nothing more beloved to me than death. Do you know who Allâh accepts from? Allâh only accepts from the people of taqwâ.”

💧’Alî (may Allâh be pleased with him) said, “Be more keen for Allâh to accept your deeds than you are in the deeds that you do in the first place. Don’t you hear that Allâh said, ‘Allâh only accepts from the people of taqwâ.’”

💧It only matters that Allâh accepts the deeds, not how much one does; so use the time left in Ramadhân to be more keen in having deeds accepted.