2, the bitter memories.

Suna paused abruptly, a confused irk in his frown as he watched y/n's retreating figure. "Why'd she suddenly start crying? That came outta nowhere." 

Osamu shrugged, "Dunno, maybe she just got dumped or something."

"Maybe." Choosing not to pursue the topic of conversation, the two boys walked in comfortable silence, Suna with his face buried in his phone and Osamu with his face buried in a rice ball he pulled out from the back pocket of his backpack. The middle frowned to himself as he listened to the crackling plastic of his friend's snack, finding the sound suddenly irritating and jarring to his thoughts. He wanted to leave.

"Aight." Suna mumbled as they reached a crossroad. "See ya."

"Mmpfh." 

All the while his mind whirred with thought, analyzing and carefully nitpicking y/n's strange display of behaviour. She walked into the classroom with a smile on her face but I could tell it wasn't genuine, she might've been hiding something. She had this cloud of negative energy weighing heavily on her shoulders, sort of like Osamu when the convenience store runs out of his favourite snacks.

Suna dragged his feet home, finding the spacious house quiet and empty as he slipped off his shoes and lazily walked up to his room, taking the time to grab a snack from the kitchen and change before settling down on his bed. His hand snaked beneath his pillow, reaching for a hard metal laptop.

"Ookay." He murmured to himself, typing her name into the search bar. "L/n y/n, what the hell am I even doing." 

She didn't have much information, but he discovered an interesting scrap from her old school's website. 

"L/n F/n, 18 currently."

"Winner of best libero for Sapporo girls volleyball in her final year of middle school." Suna read out loud, squinting his eyes as though he was unconvinced by the information displayed before him.

So there it was, l/n y/n, a third year in a second year class, scouted by Inarizaki all the way from Hokkaido the same way he'd been scouted from Tokyo. She played volleyball, that was a pleasant surprise, but when Suna attempted to find out what disrupted her second year the only information he gleaned was that she was away for "medical reasons."

'Wait no but I'm curious. I wanna know mo-'

A wave of discomfort made Suna freeze up and unconsciously, he glanced towards the closed doorway, feeling as though he was becoming too nosy. He slapped his palm down on the laptop's lid, shoving it beneath his pillow again as he pulled out his phone, his homework already forgotten in his backpack.

"Ok, Rintarou. It's time to stop before curiosity becomes flat out stalking."

~Y/N~

The tears had dried by the time I reached my room, closing the door tightly behind me. The familiar, almost comforting, numb feeling engulfed my body as I set my things down and reached under my bed where a large wooden box sat broodingly, filled with memories and ambitions long discarded. How stupid I had been, to dream so extravagantly, who the hell did I think I was?

I tossed the box onto my bed and laid everything out. A partially deflated Mikasa volleyball covered in messy signatures, kneepads; a photo album. Flipping through the pages, I reminisced in the bittersweet memories of the time I got to spend with my team. Pausing on a certain image of myself and a dark haired boy, a small sad smile crept its way onto my lips. He had his arm around me and we were smiling into the camera holding a volleyball between us, most of the photos were of him actually.