14, falling.

"Oh man wait till Aran sees this."

"Shush! You'll wake them up."

"Dumbass, we have to wake them up or we'll be late for practice."

"I didn't know Suna was the soft cuddly type."

Y/n woke groggily to the sounds of people snickering and arguing. She was still wrapped tightly in Suna's arms, her back was facing him now and he had his face pressed into her nape. She felt someone poke her cheek and heard the sound of someone being slapped.

"Oi tsumu, she's not some animal don't just prod her face."

Osamu gently shook y/n's shoulder until she opened her eyes sleepily.

"Y'know you could've told us a little sooner that you were sleeping with Suna, then we wouldn't have gone through the trouble of setting up that extra bed for you."

Y/n suddenly became aware of how close she and Suna were and quickly  propped herself up, letting his arm slide down onto her thigh. 

"Sooo.......y/n. Yes or no? Do I need to wash the sheets or not?" Atsumu smirked.

"What? No we just slept!" The twins snickered loudly at her flustered face.

"Okok we're just teasing. Help me wake up sleeping beauty, you probably already know that Suna isn't a morning person. It's 5:45am right now, we've got practice at 6:30 so get him up, your parents are already home so you can drop your stuff off on the way."

Y/n turned to face Suna who was still sleeping, his face was mashed into the pillow and his shirt was riding up a little.

"Suna wake up. It's time for practice." Y/n shook his shoulder.

Atsumu laughed, "Nah there's no way he'll wake on time like that. You need to make him move, and just so you know..." he dropped his voice to a dramatic whisper, "....he's very ticklish."

"Of course he'll gut anybody who tries but you should be fine." Atsumu winked and left.

"Just make sure he's up in the next ten ish minutes ok?" Osamu called, following his brother out and closing the door behind him.

Y/n nodded and turned to the sleeping boy. Tickle him huh? A grin slowly made its way onto her face. She poked his face, no reaction. 

Ok y/n, you can do this. Y/n rolled Suna onto his back with much difficulty and sat on his thighs. She started tickling him slowly, running her fingers up and down his abdomen and realizing that he squirmed more when she reached his sides. Soon, Suna was wide awake, jerking from side to side as he tried to throw her off but y/n had him pinned down, laughing at the rare sight of Suna wheezing.

"AHAHA S-STOP IT!" He gasped, tears forming in his eyes, "I'M AWAKE I'M AWAKE."

Y/n laughed, "That's payback for almost throwing me off the bed last night."

Suna suddenly remembered which one of them had the size and weight advantage. He grabbed y/n and flipped them over until she found herself pinned underneath him, unable to continue her torment of tickling.

"Payback hmm? That sounds like a great idea for waking me up so brutally, crazy woman." 

Their faces were only about an inch apart and y/n could see her reflection in his eyes. Suna sighed heavily and rolled off.

"But you're right, I do have practice and I'm not in the mood to get yelled at."

Back in her own room, y/n changed into her school uniform and brushed her hair out, letting it fall in waves down her face. She packed up her things and tried to shake off the weird feeling buzzing in her veins.

Meanwhile, the Miya brothers were downstairs in the kitchen listening to the laughter that echoed from upstairs and they smirked to each other.

"Wow." Atsumu commented, "I didn't know someone could make Suna laugh that hard. He was always such a deadpan."

Osamu snickered, "He's going to kill her."

"No way, did you see the way they held each other in their sleep? So cute."

The twins looked up to see y/n and a very disheveled Suna join them at the table.

"Sleep well?" Osamu stirred his drink casually, not making eye contact with either of them but y/n knew he was barely holding in his laughter. Atsumu on the other hand, was staring at his phone wheezing openly.

Suna glared at him, his usual deadpan back on his face and sarcasm in his tone, "Shut up."

**********************

"Y/n! Do you want to stay for some breakfast? You still have about two hours before class starts!"

Y/n's mother fussed over her at the doorstep but y/n shook her head, 

"Kurosu-sensei wants me to join practices now." Y/n mumbled, playing with her fingers.

Y/n's parents swelled with happiness and they hugged her tightly, much to their daughter's embarrassment. 

"Okay, give Kurosu our greetings." 

Y/n smiled, turning to leave when her mother grabbed her wrist. "Wait."

Disappearing into the house and returning a minute later, y/n's mother handed her a white package.

"While we were out, your coach sent us a video of you playing. We're so, so proud of you y/n. Now, I know your old one is pretty torn up but we visited Tokyo to pick this up for you. Kenta insisted, he said that you don't have to wear it, but he'd be thrilled if you did."

Y/n accepted the package and smiled, "Thanks, I appreciate it!"

"What is it?" Suna asked as they walked to school, Atsumu and Osamu having ditched them while y/n talked to her parents. She shrugged her shoulders haphazardly, clutching the package in her hands. To be fair, she did have an idea of what it was but y/n didn't think she was ready to share it just yet, she wanted to make sure first.

"I'm sorry you look tired." Y/n glanced towards his face, noting the distinct darkened beneath his eyes. 

"Nah it's alright that's just me." He responded with a light chuckle. 

They walked in peaceful, undisturbed silence, each wrapped up in their own thoughts. Every once in a while, y/n felt the back of her hand brushed against his, once when they reached the bus stop, and once more past the convenience store they would visit after school though, she paid little mind to it. 

That was, until she felt Suna slowly slide his hand under y/n's, intertwining their fingers. He let out a mental sigh of relief when she didn't pull away in horrifying disgust, instead she pulled closer and leaned her head against his shoulder.

"This is nice." Y/n whispered and Suna hummed in agreement. The sun was beginning to rise when they reached school, still holding hands. Suna glanced down at her, y/n's hair flowed loosely in the breeze and delicately framed her face, the first rays of sunrise reflected off her features which made her look as though she were glowing. Y/n tilted her face upwards to look at him and smiled as he quickly glanced away to hide his expression. 

What was that feeling?

The warm buzzing in your ears and the way your breathing would hitch whenever they were around or got too close. The way they'd smile and your day would instantly get better, that was the feeling blossoming like the unfurling tendrils of a spider lily; the flower of reincarnation.

It was the feeling that made you close your eyes blissfully and think "oh, I'm falling for you."