18, the silent treatment.

"Ok, they're being ridiculous at this point. It's giving me a migraine."

"How do they manage staying mad at each other? It amazes me really."

"Y/n's stubborn and we all know Suna can be hellishly bullheaded. There's no way we can just walk up to to the two of them, slap them across the face and be like shut the fuck up be friends."

"That'd be funny though, I call dibs on slapping Suna."

Mae, Ayano, Akagi, Aran, and Osamu were huddling together in an empty classroom during lunch, discussing their friends while Atsumu distracted y/n and Suna skipped school for the third day in a row. It had been weeks, almost a month now, since y/n and Suna even looked at each other and it was straining the bridge between the two friend groups. Ayano tried to talk to y/n and find out what happened but she was met with an icy wall every time.

She shook her head now, her dark bangs swishing around her round face, "They're both hurting really bad inside. I can see it in their eyes, whatever happened it must've been incredibly personal."

"Wait." Osamu raised a hand, "I think I know what it is."

The others leaned in to listen to the grey-haired boy.

"They like each other, or err, liked. That was pretty obvious, something must've gone downhill when one of them confessed."

The group felt the hairs on the back of their necks raise when they sensed a dark, terrifying aura coming from the door. Atsumu stepped in quietly, slowly, deliberately. He sat down with the group and laced his fingers together, taking deep breaths.

"Will Suna be coming to practice today?"

Akagi checked his last text from Suna, "yyyes."

"Good. Because I'm going to kill him. I got y/n to open up about what happened."

"WOAH WOAH WOAH???! Let's calm down first please!" Ayano exclaimed. "Can you at least start with context? Also, how the hell did you get her to talk to you? I've been trying for weeks and she just shuts down every time."

Atsumu went quiet then, as if he were recalling a time when he felt similar to y/n. "I think she's been wanting to talk to someone about it for a while, but she was afraid that, because some of us might be a little closer to Suna than her, we'd choose to tell him instead of keep it a secret. All you needed was a little trust. Basically—"

"Suna told l/n that he liked her, and then he proceeded to confront her about Nakamura."

Kita slipped into the classroom, closing the door tightly behind him. 

"Nakamura Rintarou, a middle blocker for the Hokkaido Rattlesnakes, and y/n's boyfriend." He had an unusually grim look on his face. Kita typically stayed far far away from his underclassmen's relationships and drama, but this time it was affecting him as well since Y/n had classes with him and Suna had started skipping practice when he could.

"Wait, so isn't he.....you know." Akagi waved his hand dramatically, not wanting to finish the sentence.

"Dead, yes. Suna attempted to force her to choose between them." Kita replied calmly.

Ayano slammed her hand down onto the table, startling the others in the room.

"Atsumu, you know what I take it back, I'm gonna help you kill him. How could he do this to y/n, I mean the guy literally died  so they never really broke up and they probably still loved each other. You can't blame her for feeling conflicted when she realized she was falling for that asshole!"

"Suna has always been really blunt and really awkward when it came to this kind of stuff, he might not have known that he was hurting her." Aran commented.