32, a crow, a fox, and a can of Lysol.

"Not too many new ones this year hm?"

Y/n busied herself with flipping through a binder full of profiles of the boys who were invited to this year's All-Japan Youth Training Camp. She had her women's national team jacket thrown over a simple t-shirt and shorts, her hair was tied back into a low ponytail and swept over one shoulder.

"Komori Motoya, Kageyama Tobio, Sakusa Kiyoomi..." y/n squinted her eyes, "Miya Atsumu." She exclaimed on the last name.

Ushijima glanced over at her, face neutral and stoic as usual. "He's from Inarizaki isn't he?"

"Yeah, we're friends." Y/n carelessly chewed her lip, a habit she recently picked up when she was unsettled or nervous.

She and Ushijima had graduated a while ago and were now taking time off to assist in this year's training camp. Recently y/n had been travelling around a lot visiting various schools, watching and learning from players like her. Needless to say it had been months since she saw anyone face to face from Inarizaki.

Ushijima left to go grab his jacket from his bag, leaving y/n to pace around in the gymnasium. She walked over to the court and stood in the centre, raising her head to gaze up at the vast ceiling. 

Keep going. She told herself. Don't give up, don't let his passing go in vain. Kenta wanted you to chase your dreams the way he couldn't, he wanted you to be strong and learn to stand on your own. He wanted...so many things he wasn't able to achieve before his deadline. 

Someone snapped their fingers right by her ear causing y/n to jump, whip around and bump right into the culprit. 

"You're still jumpy as ever huh?" The voice chuckled and held her firmly by the shoulders.

Y/n blinked and found herself gazing into Atsumu's smirking face. Grinning, the two friends hugged before he broke away with a disapproving frown.

"Why have you been ghosting us? Even Kita visits every now and then, you're like Akagi the moment you two graduate you disappear without a trace."

Y/n smiled sheepishly, "My bad, I guess I've been so caught up with stuff I lost track. How are the others?"

Atsumu rolled his eyes, "They're doing fine. Samu misses your onigiri and Suna obviously, misses the girl who makes the onigiri. You know the other day, he was sitting around in class moping about how you haven't answered any of his texts in the last two weeks? It was driving Mae crazy, she's partners with him for this big project and last I checked she was ready to shove his phone up his-."

"Oookay I got it please don't go into detail." Y/n frantically waved in his face before sighing, dropping her hands down to play with the hem of her jacket, "I'm sorry, tell him I miss him too. I missed all of you."

Atsumu snorted, "Tell him yourself. Come back with me and visit, even if it's just saying hi. Your parents still live in the neighbourhood don't they?"

Y/n nodded, caving in. "Alright fine I'll see if I can catch a train or something, but I better see improvement during practice today."

"Y/n!"

The two turned around to see a couple more familiar faces, the players were slowly arriving. Y/n waved back and jogged over to greet the Itachiyama libero. 

"Hey! Komori how have you been?" 

Komori grinned, "Same old same old, how's uni?"

"Kinda tiring but it's great." Y/n turned her smile to the very closed off boy standing just behind Komori, a white mask covering his face. "Hi Sakusa." She teased him with a wink.