17, an- untimely confrontation.

"Are you going to join the girl's volleyball team?" Suna asked as they walked home together one day. Around a month had gone by since y/n collapsed and she was better than ever. She still wished to enjoy her quiet life but she no longer hid from public, y/n realized that everyone she met was nothing short of understanding and supportive.

Y/n shook her head, "I've accepted the invite for Japan's U-18 girls so I'll be going there in a bit. Also, one of the teams who once worked closely with my own contacted me the other day. They said that I could have a future there as a coach after graduation but I need to complete a few years of playing professionally first. All I have to do now, is train." Her eyes glimmered excitedly.

Suna hummed, "which team?"

"I think you might know them, MSBY Black Jackals?"

"Can I ask something?" He stopped suddenly, causing y/n to narrowly miss bumping into him.

Y/n tilted her head, confused as to why he suddenly looked so serious, "of course."

"The first night you stayed with the twins, you were talking in your sleep. You said things like 'please don't leave' and 'I can't lose you again'." Suna fiddled with his fingers, not looking at her.

"You also said 'I love you' and then my name. My first name."

Y/n lowered her gaze, unable to formulate a response. She felt cold all over.

Suna rubbed his temple, the tension was giving him a headache. "I- I know that sounds weird but it did happen and I just wanted to ask you about it."

"That girl you were fighting with in the halls also mentioned someone called Nakamura, saying you stole him from her. Also um....that night I accidentally tripped on your backpack and a hoodie fell out. It also had Nakamura written across the back in gold so I just wanted to ask, was he your boyfriend?" Suna mumbled, he'd wanted to ask her about this for a while but he was afraid of the response.

She nodded, afraid of where this was leading.

"Do you still love him?" He asked pointedly, his tendency for a blunt nature showing.

Y/n didn't respond, she looked down at the ground. She didn't want to jeopardize her friendship with Suna, but she also couldn't deny her feelings for both boys.

"Say something." Though, Suna already knew what her response was going to be.

Right now, y/n's mind and heart were at war. She still grieved for Nakamura, but she liked Suna too. Is he going to force me to choose? Confused and conflicted as hell, she remained silent.

"Did you already know that I liked you?"

Judging by the look of surprise on her face, she didn't. Well, she had her suspicions, but since she couldn't even be sure of her own feelings how could she directly assume his?

"That night you said I love you, but you weren't talking to me right? You've been giving off so many mixed messages so I want you to clear it now, do you like me? Or are you still hanging onto him?"

"Suna please don't do this." Y/n whispered.

"All those times we walked home holding hands and stuff, were you just using me as a rebound this entire time?" Suna spat bitterly, he knew he was hurting her but it was better to rip the bandaid of rejection off now than let it come off slowly.

A sudden memory flew back into him and he choked, not knowing whether it was disgust or the pain of his heart being ripped out of his chest. "We even slept together." (Ok not that way you guys know what I mean)