11, tell the truth.

No matter how many times Atsumu begged, y/n refused to receive another ball. She left them in the backyard and walked back into the kitchen to join Osamu.

"I know you're uncomfortable with makeup on. Don't worry, I'll make sure that Atsumu isn't being a prick with the questions."

Y/n sighed in defeat before nodding, she'd forgotten about the fact that she'd eventually have to peel away her mask. Osamu waited patiently as she wordlessly walked into her room and returned with her backpack, taking a makeup wipe from the package she kept in her bag and hesitating. For good measure, Osamu turned around, his back facing her as he began to dish out the food. 

"It's okay, tsumu can be a pushy nosy idiot but he knows his boundaries. You're safe here."

Slowly, deliberately, y/n gently wiped away the makeup concealing the scar that ran from the top of her forehead to the corner of her lip, passing through her left eye. Osamu made no reaction towards it and neither did Suna and Atsumu when they came over to eat, for that y/n was grateful.

"Suna you staying tonight?" Osamu asked when the four of them had settled themselves around a table.

Suna shrugged, glancing at y/n across the table. She had her face down, quiet as usual as she focused on her food. Really, it wasn't as bad as she'd described. Under the right lighting, he wouldn't even have noticed it, but scars ran far deeper than how they appeared on one's complexion. Even if others couldn't see it, y/n could, she knew it was there, she knew how she got it, and in her state of mind, it was something she would rather forget.

"I guess."

Y/n finished first, she excused herself and went upstairs to do some homework. She could sense tension in the atmosphere and unspoken questions she couldn't answer, though, she didn't blame them for their curiosity. The minute she disappeared upstairs and the three boys heard her door close, Suna found himself pinned under two pairs of eyes.

"What happened to her eye?"

"I don't know." Suna shrugged, wiping his mouth with a napkin before continuing to speak. "I wouldn't pry either, it's clearly not something she'd wanna talk about."

"She said that she was close with Tanaka."

Atsumu gasped as Kenta's name brought forth another thought.

"Remember that landslide that happened around a year ago? Didn't it wipe out one of the strongest coed teams in the country?"

Osamu pulled his phone out, searching around the news. "Here, they were a team from Hokkaido, Sapporo more specifically. Apparently they were heading to Miyagi for a practice match and there was a really big storm that night and they got caught in the landslide." He inhaled sharply, feeling uncomfortable reading the last bit.

 "It killed everyone on board except two. Tanaka Kenta and an unnamed player, she was the team's setter."

Suna felt something inside him flip over, "It's weird how people don't talk about this more."

Atsumu responded, "The accident killed eighteen people, sixteen of those were around our age. If anything it's not exactly a cheerful conversation topic and it's bad luck. You don't think that..." He inquired, silently pointing upstairs to where y/n had gone.

"We can't be sure, there's barely any information on the setter and as famous as Kenta is, he probably knows a lot of people. Besides, y/n's a libero, and their features don't match up." Suna cut him off, but inside he was thinking the same thing. It was too much of coincidence to ignore.

"True." Osamu dropped the topic. He left Atsumu to tidy the kitchen, heading upstairs to his room with Suna. It was already really late at night and they had school the next day, but as they walked down the hall they noticed the light peeking from y/n's room.