End, Reincarnate.

While a soft voice echoed in her mind, she remained quiet for a few seconds longer, savouring the fading memory of Nakamura smiling. A warm peaceful feeling filled her chest, tranquil as a still pond. No more nightmares.

"Y/n?" Suna's voice cut into her thoughts again and she opened her eyes to see him hovering over her, his usually neutral face etched with a rare frightened expression.

"I never thought I'd ever get to see you make that face." She joked softly, reaching up to gently trace the path of his eyes. Acid green-yellow pupils, which seemed to glow when he was angry or upset, so different from the calm brown ones she was once familiar with. "What even happened?"

"You were having a nightmare, or I thought you were. You were all stiff and cold and your breathing was so irregular, then it stopped altogether and that was when I called an ambulance. We've been here for about an hour, you just relaxed about twenty minutes ago after the doctors stabilized your body."

They waited patiently until the doctor arrived to check her system, his lips were pressed tightly together as he quietly assessed the events of what had happened. She had an allergic reaction to her medication. The treatment that was meant to soothe her mind but only managed to elicit sleepless nights, night terrors, and a depression so darkening it could blot out the sun.

"I want to go." Y/n decided when he was done.

"Go where?"

Suna understood the minute the question passed his lips. Wordlessly, they gathered their things and left, not a whisper nor thought passed between them as they walked towards the graveyard, determination in her eyes and silence in his.

In all their years together, there had been only one thing y/n yearned for the most that Suna was unable to give: closure. 

And it frustrated him, it really did. He knew this whole time she had been fighting battles only she could face, climbing over obstacles and breaking down walls all so that she could fulfill her promise to Kenta.

"I want to talk to you." Y/n said they stood before the graves. "And I don't want you to speak I just want you to listen."

Suna only crossed his arms and nodded, the steel in his face speaking for him.

It was a look that said: 'Don't you dare lie to me.'  

However, as she continued speaking his expression slowly began to soften until it became one of shock, fear, and the slightest hint of deeper indescribable feelings.

"My whole life, I've been fighting something that happened over the span of a few hours. I lost so many people, including myself, and for the longest time I...I've been feeling as though I didn't want to live. I carried so much guilt over them." She gestured to their graves. "And Kenta, I felt like I was being chained down by the promises I made, I was just so tired I didn't want to fail anybody. So I kept things from you, because I didn't want you to be the one to grieve if something went wrong."

"You kept saying 'I'm sorry', I thought you were dying." There was so much raw emotion in his voice.

Y/n turned to face him with an unreadable expression on her face. She knew now, the feelings she had for him, for Nakamura and Kenta, they were different. They were deeper and burned brighter than any childish infatuation, and it was more precious to her than her own life.

"But I didn't. I mean I might've, I don't know. What I do know is that at the very least, even if I died, nothing would stop me from breaking my promise to stay. I would reincarnate if I had to because whether it's in this life, or another, I'd find a way to return to your side."