16, open book.

L/n Y/n was transferred to the hospital soon after she collapsed. Her family and friends visited her often, begging for her to come back but she didn't. The doctors said that the girl had triggered something deep inside y/n and her body couldn't handle the pressure, causing her to black out. 

The news had spread quickly through the school and soon almost everyone in the prefecture knew about her. Y/n of course, knew all about it. She had recovered after a few days but requested for doctors to report that she was still sleeping, she didn't want to face the news reporters that waited outside her ward. She was afraid of what might happen, did people hate her for hiding? 

Meanwhile, Kenta was bombarded wherever he went.

"Why didn't you tell us about L/n?"

"How is she doing now, when will she wake up?"

It was getting annoying.

"Can all of you just— shut up? None of you actually care about her wellbeing don't you? You just want her to wake up so that you can force her to spilling things she couldn't even talk to me about just to satisfy your desire for a story." He scolded, shocking the reporters. Kenta was always gentle and kind but when it came to y/n he was fiercely protective and these people were pushing even him to a breaking point, who knows what they might do to Y/n? 

He'd also been— hiding himself, in a sense. Y/n hadn't meant to, but she'd exposed things he really didn't want to talk about, such as his time spent in the hospital in recovery. Though, as uncomfortable as he felt, he didn't blame her. Instead he'd called a few friends and they'd handled the situation together. Koyama Ichirou for one, whose twin sister Hanami had died in the accident, as well as Mei, a former Rattlesnake and a close friend of his.

"She fucked up, more than you've ever fucked up and that's saying something." Ichirou groaned into his palm. The three of them gathered together in his lavish house, the front gates doing well in keeping prying eyes and ears away.

"Can you blame her?" Kenta replied hollowly, and glanced towards his friend. "Mei-Mei, can we redirect the attention somehow?"

They could, they really could. Both of Ichirou's parents were D1 volleyball players, and Mei had played as a starter alongside Kenta. But something in him, a piece of Kenta's instinct told him to let y/n handle things, to let her learn to deal with these types of situations.

"You're not legally responsible for her." Ichirou rolled his eyes. "Why do you wanna get involved so bad? Just let her deal with it, she could do with some exposure therapy."

"Ichirou." Mei shot him a glare, and affectionately ruffled Kenta's hair. "You're going to be okay Kenta, just be honest. Well— don't go cussing anybody out, but be real with what you have to say."

"Toughen up." Ichirou nudged Kenta's shoulder. "You have our support but we all know who the media really wants to see. So fix your damn hair and be that overconfident asshole you used to be again."

Kenta and Ichirou had never really been friends, but they'd been teammates, standing back to back for long enough to say they weren't acquaintances at the least. Harsh as his words were, Ichirou did have a point. Kenta's voice was most persuasive and powerful, he just needed the courage to do what he believed was right.

"Besides." Mei laced her fingers together. "Think about Akari, what would she and Rintarou say?"

Well. Rintarou would jump to her support no doubt, and I would be right there with him. The three of us are close as siblings, we've got each other's backs. Akari on the other hand, she would only take matters into her own hands if there wasn't any better option. She would tell me to stand up for myself and be honest, but also make sure y/n can learn something from this.