0) Prologue

PROLOGUE

This is the first FANFICTION that I had created. This is a ONE DIRECTION story. ~fcee

A Very Long Time Ago

“Kill all of them,” shouted the blood thirsty soldiers of the Roman Empire as they marched line by line around the village with their swords and shields.

“Burn their houses, leave no one alive, and spare no one, not even the women and the children,” commanded one of their leaders.

Screams and wailing of people in pain together with clashing of metals and swords surrounded the town. Cracking of woods being eaten by the fire echoed as the sky started turning blood orange due to the flame.

“Kill all of them,” blood splattered everywhere as the soldiers cloaked in metallic sheets speared and cut the people in half burning out tree houses.

“Find all the Druid’s in this village and burn them.” 

It rained arrows. Roman soldiers holding torches made the night seemed like day. 

Quill watched down his tree house as one of these men in thick metallic armor set fire to the oak tree where his house was built on.

“Quill,” Azval entered the house from below with a blood stained sword on hand, his breathing harsh. Quill glanced at warrior then turned to look down from the tree house again.

The fire had already eaten Quill’s neighboring tree houses and some Roman soldiers had climber up.

Quill watched the slaughter of his people.

“I knew this would happen. I saw it happen in my sight,” he had seen it but looking first hand made it more terrifying, more agonizing, and most of all heart breaking.

“Don’t blame yourself, Quill,” Azval told him moving towards Quill in his white Druid cloak made of silk and held Quill’s hand with his free one. 

“You told them this would happen, Quill.”  Azval told him tightening the grip on the Druid’s hand. “You told your people that your community doesn’t have the strength to fight against the Romans. You told them to flee, but they decided to stand their ground. It was their choice and not yours alone.”

“And it pains me that I could do nothing!” Quill answered pulling away from Azval and looking to the chaos and death below his tree. He gazed at the blood, at the fire and at the smoked. He wanted to burn it in his memory, the suffering of his people. He will not forget.

Quill was a druid. It was his duty to look after these people who have no magic, but he had no strong magic himself. And Quill felt like he failed them.

Maybe if he had insisted strongly to the elders to flee, maybe he could have convinced them if he had pressed the topic. Maybe the spilling of the blood of his people could have been prevented. He blamed himself.

There were a lot of maybes.  

“Quill,” Azval grabbed his hands and pulled him to the door. “I will guide you out of the forest so you could flee…” but Quill resisted.

Quill looked at Azval with tears welling on his eyes. He was a pathetic Druid. He couldn’t even cast a single protective spell to shield and protect his community, his family.”

Quill went back to the small opening on the wall of his house and looked at the suffering of his people. That very moment a serene music started blowing with the air. It was a said heart breaking song and then a voice came making Quill’s eyes flow with tears.