4) Promise

© 2015 by FHRELL CEE . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Hey cupcakes,

I admit that I am not a very good writer, and I haven’t figure what writing style would be good for me, (If I had any) so if you know one or two about anything and you think you can help me, please do say so. I would appreciate critics either it be positive or painful for this work.

Secondly, I want this book to be a good read worthy book. So I would like to take my time writing the chapters that I would be putting up, thus saying so the update won’t be that fast.

I would be glad to hear from you. ~fCee  

Promises are made to be broken… or are they not?

4) Promise - Niall

“Faster,” the twins held my hands on both side as they dragged me moving through thick leaves of trees and bushes under the orange skies. I knew their idea of having fun was weird but I didn’t know it could get this weird.

We were apparently going to visit one of the most haunted houses in all of Woodbridge. They only informed me about our adventure when we were already standing at the gates of the haunted house on the hunted cliff.

Woodbridge covered a huge square like area or something near that shape, with wide acres of forest consisting almost sixty percent of the town. Of course there exist weird stories and mystical folklores revolving around a town like it, especially told by old folks who have nothing better to do in their leisure time but go hunting or scare young children. 

One very particular story revolves around a certain mansion long abandoned by its owner that stood south of Woodbridge. The story goes that long ago screams of young men and women could be heard echoing from the house reaching the forest or seas near it. And after hearing those screams for help the night past, bodies of men and women would be found dead floating on the sea beneath the cliff. The odd thing was that they didn’t die from the fall, or from drowning. They died from the lack… or more accurately the absence of blood on their arteries. It’s like something or someone suck them dry.

“Scary right?” Phoebe told me shivering in either fear or excitement as she told me the already well known and sort of cliché story. But I think it was the excitement that made her looked like she’s about to open her first birthday present.

“It really looked hunted,” Daisy’s eyes opened wide as we stared at the ancient two stories brick house through the rusted thick iron fence that marks the territory around it.

The house might have looked grand in the past but now it looked only worn out by time. Its glass windows screamed of old age looking opaque in all the dust and stain, nearly all of them cracked if not totally broken. The walls showed its past grandeur still looking mighty strong even with the occasional cracks and withered vines that had tried crawling on it together with some dead algae which gave it a dirty greyish color. The front door made surely of quality wood opened slightly and would shut close with the wind like it didn’t want anyone in it or near it.

The house looked as hunted as it was in the stories, standing alone in the middle of the fence with only a dead oak tree beside it. And to make things creepier, once in a while a crow would screech circling the house and landing on the highest peak of the pointed roof that lost some tiles. The crow would turn its head all over the property, like it was watching out for intruders.