Chapter 25

Chase P.O.V

"Hey," I walked around the couch and sat next to Bree.
"You guys are such sleepy heads," Bree teased, messing my hair up. I pulled my head away.
"We wouldn't have been if Adam wasn't chasing me around the room all night." I muttered.
"So Marcus, did you ever come up with a plan or idea to get out of this island before?" Jasmin asked.
"Anything you can imagine.. I've tried everything.." Marcus stared at his hands.
"Everything..? I'm not entirely sure about that.." Leo raise his hands behind his head.
"Leo!" Bree stood up and walked toward him, "we're really sorry... Leo has this problem.. When he's away from home.. He begins to act all weird and.. Cries at night.."
"I do not!" Leo tried defending himself.
"Actually, he does, he was crying last night." Adam laughed.

Maybe there's away to get to Mr. Davenport.. To speak to him.. So he can help us get out.. All of us.. Including Marcus.
"Marcus.. Do you have a phone that works anywhere around here..?" I asked.
"Sure.. There's one downstairs and one next to the fridge."
"Can a use it for a second?"
"Feel free." He grinned.

I into the kitchen, and saw the phone, wow Marcus is really equipped.
I dialed Mr. Davenport's number, how can I have not thought of this before?
"H-hello?" Mr. Davenport answered.
"Mr. Davenport?"
"Yep it's me." He replied.
"Yes! Mr. Davenport, it's me Chase."
"Fooled you! I'm not here right now, leave your message at the beep." It was Mr. Davenport's mailbox the whole time. I hate his mailbox.

"Just great," I put the phone back on its receiver and went to sit next to Bree again.
"What happened?" Jasmin noticed I was disappointed.
"It was his mailbox.. We need to try another time." I buried my head in my hands, and laughed for some reason. "Maybe the only reason we're trapped in this island, is because we're meant to be.." I shook my head still buried in my hands.
"Chase, we can't give up yet," Bree tried encouraging me not to ignore the whole thing and just stay here.
"Yea, I still have a life to live, I haven't completed my mission on eating forty cupcakes in four minutes.." Adam began, "wait.. What's more... Forty.. Or four..?"