𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘤𝘩

-----
Enoch's POV

There was a new girl coming today. Yay. Note my sarcasm. Miss Peregrine had gotten us all up extra early in order to prepare the house. Now we're all standing in a group by the front door, awaiting her arrival.

"Now children she will be here any second, I expect you all to treat her just as you would treat each other. Be nice."

As Miss Peregrine said this, all of the children as well as my Ymbryne looked at me.

I rolled my eyes. There was a knock at the door and a girl wearing a black and white leather dress walked in. Not very appropriate for 1943 but whatever.

"Hello. You must be Y/N."

Miss Peregrine greeted the new girl shaking her hand and motioning towards the rest of us she said, "These are the rest of my children. Please introduce yourselves formally."

We went down the line introducing ourselves and all of the little ones gave her hugs, including Emma and Olive, she got to me and I stood there for a minute glaring at her.

"Enoch. Be nice."

"No it's quite alright Miss Peregrine. I can introduce myself to him first if that is what he prefers."

The new girl smiled at me, "I'm Y/N
Y/L/N, and I am a 16 year old water manipulator, " Great another teenage girl, "And I am so excited to spend forever with you all." She cheerily announced, my guess was just to spite me.

She was strange. I didn't like it. But she wasn't as repulsing as the other girls I had spent so long with.

Before she could get more then two steps in I spoke up, "My names Enoch. I'm a dead riser." I huffed, she spun on her heel and walked back over to me.

She grabbed my hand, I looked at her smaller, softer, hand gripping mine, I then looked back at her and gripped her hand as well going along with the formal handshake she was going to do either with or without me, "Nice to meet you Enoch. I'm sure we will be great friends." She turned and walked over to her suitcase.

I heard the other's giggle and snicker at my redness. Including Miss Peregrine.

"Well children you can run along now."

My pleasure. I was back in my room arranging jars in no time. The previous events played through my head and I realised Y/N was quite beautiful. When I snapped back to reality, I realised I was smiling. She just got here and she is breaking me.